The app is asking me to pay for something I already own, so put in version 6.8.8

cybeartist
cybeartist
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

I'm frustrated. The app is asking me to pay for something I already purchased, so put in version 6.8.8, but can't get the mini to revert to that--it's staying at the new version--so everything is unaligned. Firstly, just to confirm, I stop owning 1Password at version 7, right? How can I get everyback back to some aligned version so that everything is working in sync and not asking me for money. I'd be deeply grateful if you can help me to get things working and aligned again. Thank you.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 7
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:reverting back to old app

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

When you installed 1Password 7 it should have created for you a zipped copy of the 1Password 6 installation in your Applications folder. If that exists you should be able to do this:

• Go to 1Password 7 > Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data.
    • Quit 1Password 7 by pressing control + option + command + Q.
    • Drag the 1Password 7 application to the trash.
    • Unzip the zipped copy of 1Password 6 from your Applications folder.

Stephen

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@cybeartist - the instructions @Stephen_C gave you are quite correct -- delete 1Password 7 data, remove the 1Password 7 app by dragging it to your Mac's trash, then unzip 1Password 6, and everything should be as you left it. Let us know if you run into any further issues. :)

This discussion has been closed.