Clearing out old passwords

How do I clear out old passwords and log in info?
I only want 1Password to hold the current password. Trying to figure out which is the most current passsword is hard to do since they arent saved in any kind of real order.
Is it a setting or what??

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @gtuttle,

Can you elaborate a little for me please as I'm not convinced I'm visualising the situation correctly. Login items, the item type we assume everybody uses for filling do have a password history but the current password is always stored in the visible password field of that item when viewing it. Do you have a collection of Password items as well? Do they state what site they were used on or is it just a password with a timestamp and no website field?

• gtuttle
    gtuttle
    Community Member

In log in items I have (for each account) like 10-15 log in items for the same site. Only by going into each one and trying to see what detectives created and or modified can I find the most current one. Not sure why it creates a new entry each time I go to a location. I would send screen shot if I could.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gtuttle,

As these our public support forums you may not want to post a screenshot in case it reveals something you hadn't intended to show. You should be able to sort your vault by date modified. In 1Password for Mac the sort order is directly below the search field and for 1Password for Windows it would depend on what version you have. That might help locate the good Login item and then you can select the rest and remove them in one go. I can't offer an explanation as to why you have so many items per site I'm afraid, 1Password only prompts to save a new Login item if it can't find a Login item that matches both the domain and password found. It should also default to updating an existing Login item if it recognises the form as a change password form. Hopefully once you declutter your vault you find the issue of duplicates doesn't return, if it does we may need to help you determine what is happening.

This discussion has been closed.