1password 7 and the corner

Options
akissz
akissz
Community Member

So what is the pull down program that used to be named 1password mini. This is what I am discussing today. I read the newsletter today and I notice the application screen shot displays in the top corner of the screen. My application is not showing in the top corner of the screen. And I thought it was a new feature, at first. Annoying for me. I see in the newsletter screen shot and think it is a bug. I think my system configuration is making the program shift down about 2 inches from the top and shift left 6 inches from the right side. I use the QuickRes program, so this could be effecting all of this. Please try and fix this problem in future releases. It is better to be able to move the app around with the mouse instead of having it in a fixed location.

1Password Version: 7.0.3
Extension Version: 4.7.190
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The new 1Password 7 mini is now part of a single 1Password application and has been substantially redesigned compared to the 1Password 6 mini. There's plenty of discussion about it on this forum (some like it, some do not). However, note that you can move it by dragging it to a new location. That's currently a little tricky unless it's locked (when it's very easy to drag). If you do move it you'll find that when you next open it the location to which you moved it will be remembered.

Stephen

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @akissz! It looks like Stephen's answer here covers things quite well. If you have some other questions, let us know!

• akissz
    akissz
    Community Member
    Options

That's all great. I thought I tried to drag it on first install and it would not move but tried it again now after reading here and it moved perfectly. Maybe the 7.0.3 fixed that.
    I would like to add the only other complaint is see and this is a small complaint, the "Favorites" are a little bit slower to access because you have to click more than once often compered to version 6. But that does not bother me a lot because the speed of overall app is 20 to 40 times faster.

• Jacob
    Options

@akissz Glad to hear it's working properly now!

For Favorites, what's slower about it? Clicking Favorites in the sidebar should activate it right away no matter whether you're using 1Password or 1Password mini.

This discussion has been closed.