Unable to sign in with the Windows app -- sign in with browser extension works ok.

Options

I am attempting to use the "trial version" of 1password to determine whether its enough better than my Dashlane product
to warrant switching.

My problem is I cannot get going. I can sign in ok with the Firefox browser extension and import my dashlane passwords into the personal vault. However, I am unable to sign in using the 1password windows app. I always get a msg in red letters saying either the email address, or, ... is invalid. I originally tried version 6.x and it failed the same way so I tried version 7.x but still no luck.

I have went through several email msgs with some of the support folks, most recently Ceceila.
Is that the best approach or is this forum a better place to proceed.

Thanks,
Jim

1Password Version: 7.x
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: Win 7
Sync Type: ?

Comments

• jDargin
    jDargin
    Community Member
    Options

Is anyone in the support group looking at this for me?

• @jDargin: We're fairly busy across the board with the release of 1Password 7, so I'm really sorry it took so long to get back to you. I see you and Cecelia are still working on this via e-mail, though, and in this particular case that's the better route to take. I don't want to cause any confusion by having this conversation in two different places, so I'll leave you to continue the conversation via e-mail. :chuffed:

ref: HIJ-72568-852

• jDargin
    jDargin
    Community Member
    Options

This problem was solved for me by Kate Sebald. The solution was for me to disable a tool (Symantec Endpoint Protection) on my windows machine before sign in to 1password 7. After signin I could re-enable "Symantec" and use 1password 7 with no Symantec conflicts.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Kate, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that worked. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.