Required relogin in 1password ??

JaedaRich
JaedaRich
Community Member
edited June 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi all

Today when I access 1password
I get a red notification at the bottom of the application.
which says I should be relogin because there is data that changed in my 1password account.
but I am very sure, I do not change any data in my account.

is that a normal thing?

1Password (7.0.558)

Comments

• @JaedaRich: Sorry for any alarm caused here! This can be a normal thing, usually resulting from network hiccups. I don't see it terribly often, but I have seen it pop up once in 558 and it was because my network was super slow to become available after waking my PC from sleep. Essentially, what happens in these cases, is 1Password doesn't receive an authentication response from the server and it has no idea why. It just knows it can't authenticate so it asks you too. Sometimes, this is because your Master Password or other credentials have changed. Other times, it's because your network ran into trouble.

In the latter case, you can actually ignore the error. 1Password will try to sync again later and it will do just fine. It's best to check, though so you don't get caught with an app stuck not syncing, so a nice quick test is to make a minor change in 1Password for Windows (add a test Login or a note to an item), then look to make sure that item doesn't stick in offline changes. If it appears there briefly, then disappears, all is well and it was just a brief network issue.

Our preference is, of course, that this message not pop up unnecessarily, but we know we've still got a few bits of trouble to track down. It will improve over time and should already be fairly infrequent unless you DO change your 1Password credentials in any way. I hope this helps, but if you have questions, let us know. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.