To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Trial Membership

Options
tuni12
tuni12
Community Member

I decided to "try" membership and 1PW 7. Opted for the trial, got a secret key, and now what?
Certainly not clear directions on how to install upgrade for 1PW 7. I am still on 6.8.8. Now what am I supposed to do next?.
I see I have 2 devices listed, my MBPro, and my 6.8.8. I already had updated version on my iPhone.
Where is 1PW 7 - how do I get it working???? I really don't understand????
I thought membership (even trial) would give me 1PW 7 ????

Please give me simple directions...am afraid to delete 6.8.8 because I don't know whats going on....directions say to add "apps" - which apps....are you talking about Safari and all the other apps where I use 1PW to sign into????This is a mess!

I think that afteer 30 days trail, I have to pay $36/year and that entitles me to 1PW7 for the year???

Lottsa questions howeveer this is the most confused I've ever been with 1PW and I've used it for 9 years :-(

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: High Sierra
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

Whoops, maybe apology.....not sure yet (LOL) After above rant, found a way to open 1PW 7....after membership, downloading and managed to install. Not yet deleting 8.6.6 because I'm not sure what I'm doing. Able to search around a bit. So rant is over (temporarily) LOL

I still want to know, after trial is over, I still have membership key, am I still on 1PW 7 upgrade...I will have to pay $36? Is that correct? What is the $49 special - and what does it grant me?

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

Questions: re: Price - 30 days trial = free
    1.After that.....membership downloaded from web site, that grants me 1PW 7.???? and all updates as long as I pay $36 for 1 year? Is that correct?

2.when/what is the $49 discount apply to ?

1. membership entitles me to install on all devices? I already have a 1PW updated on my iPhone 6 (happened automatically), I can now install on my other Mac using secret key???? Is that right?

2. I can access 1PW 7 from each browser w/o problems (finally) but not able to upon start up, main app input Master password, go to logon and then click on "open and fill" - none of the web sites will open that way, they used to before upgrade..am I missing something?

3. I don't see the 1PW mini that's so many are talking about. I see the little symbol, same as used to be with another (looks like 2 circles) circle around it on my menu bar, but nothing else....again am I missing something here too?

am sorry to inundate you all with questions, the installation of this upgrade has not been that easy - I guess from the questions I see on the forum, for several of us.....thanks for your patience.

1Password Version: 6.8.8. - now 7.04 from website
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: High Sierra
    Sync Type: iCloud

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options
    1. Yes, and the sub covers all platforms.

2. That is the launch special price for a licence rather than a subscription.

3. As said in 1, yes. You don't have to input the long secret key. If you print out the Emergency Kit, you can just scan the QR code to set up the account on other devices. You will need to enter the Master Password, of course.

4. Sorry, don't know why you have a problem.

5. Yes, the mini is just the item in the menu bar that you refer to.

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

So,
    1. membership IS the same as subscription? And, after 30 day trial is up, I will automatically be charged $36 for the year?

2 Instead of scanning that overly long secret key with my iPhone , (don’t think I can do that) I would have to send the key to the other computer, click on it and then I’d have ability to access the upgrade there too?

1. I have to be able to “copy and fill” my logins from the main app after opening it. It makes no sense that the logins won’t work on the main app since I can access the logins and get into them from my bowsers now. None of the logins upon opening the 1pw app will work!! There must be a reason....

2. Now on my iPhone 6 , I see options to set up accounts? What is this and why would I use it? 1 pw is running ok without doing whatever it is having to do with accounts.The phone seems to have updated itself automatically? Did this happen because I chose to upgrade to 7 on my Max?

Oy - LOL - so many questions, would that this could have been less complicated however am hanging in there and continue to believe in you guys and your usual great support. Thx for your patience.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @tuni12

First: my apologies for the delay in replying. We’ve been a bit backed up since the launch of 1Password 7.

1Password membership for an individual is $36 USD / year. This includes all of the 1Password apps as well as the 1Password service itself. You can read more about the benefits of using 1Password this way (which is the recommended way to use 1Password) here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

If by the ‘$49 special’ you are referring to a 1Password 7 for Mac license that only includes 1Password 7 for Mac. It doesn’t include any upgrades, other 1Password apps, or the 1Password membership service.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

I’m having so much trouble, this has been very confusing and not easy, I’m not able to do a copy and fill from the initial start up where all the passwords and vaults reside. It just won’t work, I can access from the log ins on my browsers however. But I need to be able to access from my logins and favs on the initial screen. Also when I activate 1pw7 I am asked for my master password, sometimes it accepts my new password for 7, sometimes I have to use the old password from 6.8.8! I never know which to input, trial and error process. This is crazy and no fun at all. I’m on a trial membership, my browsers are FF, Safari, and even Chrome. The logins work from these but NOT the initial startup screen!! Too much frustration. How do I get back to 6.8.8, please.? Thanks for some easy guidance.....appreciate the help you’ve provided but this is just not an upgrade that I want to continue to try to make work. Thx

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @tuni12! Let's get those questions answered. :glasses:

membership IS the same as subscription? And, after 30 day trial is up, I will automatically be charged $36 for the year?

Correct: A membership is paid with a subscription. You get 30 days free, and you'll be charged $35.88USD after that is up if you've added a payment method to your account.

Instead of scanning that overly long secret key with my iPhone , (don’t think I can do that) I would have to send the key to the other computer, click on it and then I’d have ability to access the upgrade there too?

You can use the Setup Code to enter your sign-in address, email address, and Secret Key on new devices rather than typing them:

How to add your 1Password account to the apps

I have to be able to “copy and fill” my logins from the main app after opening it. It makes no sense that the logins won’t work on the main app since I can access the logins and get into them from my bowsers now. None of the logins upon opening the 1pw app will work!! There must be a reason....

You can fill your passwords in your browser using the 1Password extension:

Use the 1Password extension to save and fill passwords on your Mac or Windows PC

Is that not working? If not, what happens when you try using it?

Now on my iPhone 6 , I see options to set up accounts? What is this and why would I use it? 1 pw is running ok without doing whatever it is having to do with accounts.The phone seems to have updated itself automatically? Did this happen because I chose to upgrade to 7 on my Max?

That option should have been there all along. You can sign in to your 1Password account, which is what your membership/subscription includes: it's what syncs all your data, and it's how you use 1Password wherever you decide to. Your phone should have updated to 1Password 7 automatically if you have iOS 11 installed, but that wouldn't affect how your vaults work in it. You would need to migrate your data to your account to start using that.

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

*where/what is the "setup code" you mention above? How to I find it?

*Have not been able to copy and fill from the start-up 1PW 7 app....have had to do that while in a browser (FF, Safari, Chrome). Just tried an experiment, using Safari as my default browser so when I try to access the start-up 1PW 7 form my desktop, it DOESl work. It will NOT work using Firefox ( the latest version). Why won't 1PW 7 main app work on the desktop if I'm using FF as my default browser, i.e., why do I have to be directly in a browser for it to work. Now I find that it will work on the desktop if I use Safari as my default browser????? Sure don't understand that. Any ideas re. this???? I prefer to use FF as my DEFAULT but not if I can do copy/fill from the 1PW main app (the one that opens when I start up 1 Password 7)

*Another question: When I first start 1PW 7 it asks for Master Password, I have to use my OLD master pw from old 1 PW version. I can't use the new master password I set up to work with 1 PW 7? I never know which one to use now....that makes no sense. I would think the new Master Password is what I should use on start up to the app....any thoughts on this?

Am totally frustrated with this new upgrade.....

• Jacob
    Options

@tuni12 You can find the Setup Code anywhere you've signed in to your 1Password account. If you don't have an account, you don't have a Setup Code yet.

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

Have not been able to copy and fill from the start-up 1PW 7 app....have had to do that while in a browser (FF, Safari, Chrome). Just tried an experiment, using Safari as my default browser so when I try to access the start-up 1PW 7 form my desktop, it DOESl work. It will NOT work using Firefox ( the latest version). Why won't 1PW 7 main app work on the desktop if I'm using FF as my default browser, i.e., why do I have to be directly in a browser for it to work. Now I find that it will work on the desktop if I use Safari as my default browser????? Sure don't understand that. Any ideas re. this???? I prefer to use FF as my DEFAULT but not if I can do copy/fill from the 1PW main app (the one that opens when I start up 1 Password 7)

It sounds like you're trying to open and fill websites, which would mean clicking the website field in a Login item in the 1Password app and that'd open the website and fill it. That only works if the website field contains the sign in page for that website. Is that what you're trying to do? If so, it should work no matter what browser you're using, but let me know before we move forward.

Another question: When I first start 1PW 7 it asks for Master Password, I have to use my OLD master pw from old 1 PW version. I can't use the new master password I set up to work with 1 PW 7? I never know which one to use now....that makes no sense. I would think the new Master Password is what I should use on start up to the app....any thoughts on this?

You can use your new Master Password by removing your old vault from before you started using a 1Password membership. Make sure you have moved all your items from that vault to your new account. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac, then switch to your old vault (which is probably named Primary) and click Vault > Delete Vault in the menu bar. Hope that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.