Password7 for Mac downloaded but won't open any sites

Options
2»

Comments

• Ben
    Options

@JSea

That's definitely odd. Are you using a 1Password membership? If so we could try installing the Mac App Store version of 1Password. It shouldn't make a difference, but failing other ideas it may be worth a shot.

1. Quit Safari
    2. Quit 1Password Completely -- Command Control Option Q
    3. Drag 1Password to the Trash
    4. Restart your Mac
    5. Install a fresh copy of 1Password using the App Store: Safari > Extensions > More Extensions... > Find 1Password 7 > Install it

Then restart your Mac. Please let me know how that turns out.

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JSea: Was this not happening on your Mac before updating Safari recently? Meaning, was Safari loading the 1Password extension as expected before, and it worked?

• JSea
    JSea
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty, yep, worked like a charm prior to the update. The issues started after the update.

• JSea
    JSea
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben, just went through the steps you provided with no luck. I'm throwing in the towel. It works fine on Chrome so I'll switch over. Thanks for all the help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JSea: Sorry that didn't work for you. I've seen issues like this with some other folks with Safari, but they resolved on their own before long, as Safari finally loaded the extension. Would you be willing to send some diagnostic information? I don't have a lot of confidence that it would show anything that would help us, as we don't have any special insight into Safari, but it's at least worth taking a look, I'd say.

• JSea
    JSea
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty sure, let me know what you need and how I can get it for you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JSea:

You can create a diagnostics report from your Mac following the instructions here. You can then send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• JSea
    JSea
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana thanks for this. Here's the ticket number, #AEY-28615-518. Let me know if it helps.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you @JSea! We have received your email and we will get back to you over there as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: AEY-28615-518

• estemmer
    estemmer
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I have suddenly started having a similar issue where the extension keeps disappearing from Safari. I have tried reinstalling 1Password per instructions earlier in this thread and it will work for a while, but it keeps going away. Sometimes when I start 1Password or Safari I get a dialogue asking if I wish to enable it, but it doesn't always stick.

MacOS 10.14.6
    1Password 7.4.1
    Safari 12.1.2

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@estemmer:

When the 1Password extension "disappears", do you still see it under Safari Preferences > Extensions tab?

• KingBob
    KingBob
    Community Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Got it to work.

• I'm glad to hear that @KingBob Let us know, if you need other assistance.

This discussion has been closed.