Issue with 1password 7 .. won't install upgrade version from Mac store

Options
Steve_P
Steve_P
Community Member

Hi All, I am having trouble when Agilebits releases a new version (7.0.4) of 1password7 in the Apple app store. A messages appears saying it needs to close down 1password 7 the message says "Click Continue to quit “1Password 7” and begin the update. The application will open when the update is complete." , so I click continue, it goes away and has a think about it, but the message comes back. It obviously can't close some 1password process. The main 1password 7 app is closed and I also closed safari thinking the extension might be an issue...any ideas how to fix?

1Password Version: 7.0.3
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
Sync Type: Agilebits cloud

Comments

• MartinD
    MartinD
    Community Member
    Options

As I commented in a different thread (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/91649/app-store-cant-close-1password-to-update), I'm having the exact same problem when updating from the Mac App Store.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Oh dear, we're getting rather a lot of threads about this bug. For anyone else reading this thread, it's an acknowledged bug and all you have to do to be able to update the App Store version is first to quit 1Password 7 completely by pressing control + option + command + Q.

Stephen

• kirk_lamb
    kirk_lamb
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Stephen_C. I had this problem. Your solution worked perfectly.

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Steve_P Sorry about that issue—it's some weirdness with the Mac App Store we're looking into. Stephen_C has a great little workaround for this in the meantime, a couple comments above this one. :)

Let me know if there's anything more I can do to help you!

• Steve_P
    Steve_P
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Henry ... and yes Thanks to Stephen_C too... I did as he suggested and it works fine.

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear it @Steve_P, and you're welcome! :blush:

This discussion has been closed.