Safari 12

Hey guys! Just installed a new Safari 12 (Safari Technology Preview 58) and it seems 1password doesn't work here.
There is a message witch I got when try to install extension:

Safari can’t install this extension
An error occurred while installing the extension “1Password”.

Is this because it still in the beta or something wrong?
Safari suggests to go to AppStore for extension, but 1password isn't there.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• martin_kelley
    martin_kelley
    Community Member

Seeing it too. As I recall this is common when the betas first come out. I'd love to see compatibility added. Preview 58's favicons and security features are tempting me to use it as my main browser.

• maus
    maus
    Community Member

Just wanted to add my vote to get a version of the extension that works with Safari 12 Preview. The internet without 1Password just feels incomplete :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
  • guar47
    guar47
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables You're right, it helped! Thank you.

• luv314159
    luv314159
    Community Member

I stopped using Safari Technology Preview as my main browser a year or so ago as it had compatibility issues with 1Password. My feeling is you might get it working but it might break again later; that's just the risk you take. But yeah, the favicons in tabs make it pretty tempting. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@luv314159: The good news is that Safari 12 will be available to everyone in the not-so-distant future. I'm looking forward to it for a number of reasons. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@guar47: Thanks for the update! Glad lil bobby was able to help, and we're here if you need anything else. :)

• jdsimcoe
    jdsimcoe
    Community Member

@brenty I'm on macOS Mojave Beta and Extensions from the Safari Gallery are disabled. Safari extensions can only be installed through the App Store. Do you guys have a workaround in the works?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jdsimcoe: There have been a lot of people using extensions from Apple's Safari gallery, as that is the only thing supported for those currently. Apple has announced that they will stop accepting new gallery submissions next year, but it's still usable for people using Safari 12, Mohave, or any recent version of the browser and OS.

However, a few people seem to be having beta issues with. In most cases content blockers or a more general browser issue seem to be the cause. Disabling or reloading the page can help. You can find more details here.

We cannot offer a solution for this ourselves though, as the browser, OS, and website in question are solely under Apple's control.

• jdsimcoe
    jdsimcoe
    Community Member

Thanks, @brenty. I think I was seeing a glitch where I couldn't install but have since resolved that. Thanks for your help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that all is well now. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of assistance. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.