What happened to automatic backup feature?

Options

In 1Password 4 for Windows (standalone) I made use of the automatic back-up feature. I just upgraded to version 7, also standalone, and I can't seem to be able to activate this same feature. Nor do I see any comms on it. Please let me know your plans with it.

In general it seems that the "settings" part has much less "tweaking" options. It would be great not just to share an overview of all new features, but also of any depreciated functionality!

Thank you!

1Password Version: From 4 to 7
Extension Version: n.a.
OS Version: W10
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @iHanz,

Thanks for writing in.

1Password 7 is actually a new codebase, it has nothing in common with 1Password 4 beside the name. We're not depreciating anything but rather haven't implemented them just yet.

We do plan to implement the rest of the Backups settings such as restore, backup now, select Backup folder/location, etc.

1Password is backing up your vaults automatically daily already if you've directly open the vaults and more advanced backup method is planned for a future update. Right now, they're stored in %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password\Backups. If you select one of the backups in 1Password > Settings > Backups and click Show Files, it'll take you to that backup folder. We plan to let you customize this.

• iHanz
    iHanz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike,

Great thanks! Quick response and spot on answer, nice :) Ok clear, it is all fresh and the paint is still drying I understand. Well for me it works as a charm. Found the backups, that is comforting to know although I've never had to use one. Now I see that it indeed says it creates back-ups when sync is enabled. That bit was first lost on me I fear.

Thx!

• I'm glad Mike was able to help, @iHanz. He's busy making sure new goodies are properly free of bugs and ready for us in a future update, so on his behalf, you're most welcome. Being a bit paranoid about 1Password data is healthy, so I'm not only glad you found your backups but that you went searching for them in the first place. It's always a good idea to be prepared for the worst, even if it never happens. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.