Notes field appears empty for Credit Card items, even when it has data

Options
laelito
laelito
Community Member

Using the macOS app, I made some changes to the Notes field on two different credit cards. But when I view those same credit cards using either of my two iOS devices, the Notes field appears to be empty.

HOWEVER -- if I tap Edit on the iOS apps, the Notes field suddenly displays all the correct synced data!

So the information in the Notes field is in fact syncing between my devices, but it's just not displaying that information for Credit Card items. Obviously I can work around this by tapping Edit, but clearly this is a bug that needs squashing.

So far I have only seen this bug with my Credit Card items, but you may want to do a more thorough investigation!

iOS apps: version 7.0.6 on iOS 11.4
mac app: version 7.0.4 on macOS 10.13.5

1Password Version: 7.0.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.4
Sync Type: 1Password subscriber
Referrer: forum-search:notes field is not syncing with ios apps

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

For what it might be worth, when I look at my credit card records on iOS, the notes seem not to be there when I scroll down the record, but the display jumps a little and the notes then appear when I scroll as if trying to go past the bottom of the record. Does that describe the behavior you are seeing too?

Edit: This is on my iPhone. My iPad Pro shows the notes right away, but the large screen accommodates the entire record without scrolling.

• laelito
    laelito
    Community Member
    Options

After digging around a little more I found that some of my other credit card records with notes were displaying their notes fields with no issues. So, thinking that maybe there was some weird character or text formatting that was causing a problem in iOS, I went back and started editing the text of the notes fields that were not displaying. After cutting and pasting, re-writing parts, and removing or replacing carriage returns, I was able to get both notes fields to display.

So my new best guess is that this is some sort of weird text formatting or display bug that only impacts 1Password notes fields on iOS.

Unfortunately, I’m not quite sure how I fixed it!

But since this does not seem to be an issue for anyone else, maybe I’m just a crazy unique edge case? Anways, problem solved, I can read my notes again!

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

So my new best guess is that this is some sort of weird text formatting or display bug that only impacts 1Password notes fields on iOS.

If this is the case, my records will be uninformative. I only have plain text in my notes.

• laelito
    laelito
    Community Member
    Options

Well mine might have been plain text — I don’t really know. All I know is I got ‘em to display again after basically rewriting them. Which leads to my guess that there must have been something funky going in the text of the notes themselves — perhaps 1Password for iOS can be tripped up if you use non-standard iOS text formatting like tab stops or soft carriage returns (which I think are real difficult to do on iOS). Or maybe it’s something else entirely. Anyways, it’s fixed!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update. This may be a consequence of the new markdown parsing for notes. We have plans to offer an option to disable that.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.