1Password 6 no longer working with iOS 10.3.3 / Unable to create vault from Mac (blank screen)

Options
ElFarabi
ElFarabi
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

Hi

Joined 1Password in December 2017 and the experience thus far has been fantastic. However, four days ago my iOS app has stopped syncing. A third vault I created and the 20+ new passwords are not showing. Each time I enter the app on iOS, I am told an update is required, although 1Password 6 is the latest supported version on iOS 10. Furthermore, on the Mac, I am unable to create a new vault. When the option is selected via the menu, I am presented with a blank grey box.

I raised a ticket via support a week ago and got no response. After some digging, some posts recommended sending a diagnostic report to expedite the process. Again, no response as of yet.

Therefore, whilst twiddling my thumbs for a response, I deleted both iOS and Mac apps and reinstalled them whilst at work to try resolve the issue. However this made no difference, but now, I am unable to login to the iOS app. Rather than login me in, I am presented with a red banner at login screen that states "1Password Update Required". Clearly this extremely inconvenient, as I spend the whole day sending my passwords via WhatsApp Desktop to compensate, which is not acceptable.

I find it extremely frustrating, as a subscription member that firstly the response time to my emails are at a snails pace. Secondly, I want to know why the iOS app will not allow me to login. I run both iOS 10 and OS X El Capitan for company reasons (so don't ask me to update to the latest software because it is not feasible for the foreseeable future). Regardless, 1Password 6 should continue working fine and I have not had an email from 1Password to say otherwise following the 1Password 7 release.

Thanks

1Password Version: iOS 10.3.3
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: 1Password Subscription

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018
    Options

@ElFarabi: Megan replied to you via email 6 days ago, so please check your spam folder.

It sounds like you're trying to use two-factor authentication in an outdated version of 1Password that doesn't know that exists. Is that correct? If so, disabling it will allow the old version to authenticate successfully again. Let me know how it goes!

ref: TEH-85216-288

• ElFarabi
    ElFarabi
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Brenty, that appears to have resolved it. Although any attempt to create a new vault via the Mac app on El Capitan is still not working (grey blank box), any ideas? Still awaiting any response to the diagnostics I sent in.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks Brenty, that appears to have resolved it.

@ElFarabi: Glad to hear that helped!

Although any attempt to create a new vault via the Mac app on El Capitan is still not working (grey blank box), any ideas?

Honestly I'm not sure what you're referring to there. It doesn't sound like something I've encountered before. Could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

Still awaiting any response to the diagnostics I sent in.

Just to clarify, I'm only seeing diagnostics for 1Password for iOS, and it sounds like you're not having trouble there anymore. If you're running into another issue though please let me know and I'll take another look.

• ElFarabi
    ElFarabi
    Community Member
    Options

• ElFarabi
    ElFarabi
    Community Member
    Options

I uploaded a screenshot at the time of my reply but appears to have uploaded after your reply. Please see the screenshot above - this is displayed when I do the following: 1Password > File > New Vault

• Ben
    Options

@ElFarabi

I’ve moved this over to the Mac category since our discussion has moved in that direction. Do you have Little Snitch or other firewall software installed? It appears 1Password is having trouble communicating with 1Password.com.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.