1Password 7 Manual

Options
amcd
amcd
Community Member

I am having trouble with various 1Password 7 new things.....Where can I find a comprehensive instruction Manual for 1Password7 please?

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Sadly AgileBits has not produced any user manuals for many years now. If you go to this page you'll find everything there is currently in the knowledge base about 1Password 7 (which seems to be a little sketchy at the moment).

Stephen

• amcd
    amcd
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry but the lack of detail is completely inadequate for a respected software vendor

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @amcd! Searching support.1password.com is always a great way to find answers, and we're always busy updating and creating new support guides for you all to enjoy. In addition, we're always here for a little human help. :)

Let me know anytime if there's anything I can do to help you!

• amcd
    amcd
    Community Member
    Options

I am still waiting to a reply to a post several days ago on 1Password6 to 1Password7 migration

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @amcd, we apologize for the delay. Our support has been backed up since 1Password 7's release.

Did you contact us via email? If so, you should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :smile:.

• maxglitz
    maxglitz
    Community Member
    Options

Just downloaded it for iOs and would HOPE to do the same for the Mac soon. After having stumbled through numerous help pages throughout the site, I've spent WAY too much time stumbling through page after page of brief summaries. When you don't know what you don't know about a new app, there NEEDS to be one place with detailed information to move through in some orderly fashion to make sure you've covered it all. Not just scattered tips.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@maxglitz - thanks for the feedback. Was there any specific question you had about 1Password? Or anything you're having difficulties with currently, something that's not working the way you think it should?

• maxglitz
    maxglitz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply. I still hope to rave positive reviews once I get the hang of it. I opened it on my iPhone after installing and stumbled around a bit SLOWLY trying to figure things out. I had several questions that were answered online after searching and scrolling, searching and scrolling in the forums for scattered answers. I'll likely have more later. It just seemed like a lot to go through when I could benefit by seeing something that presented the big picture in one place. Taking chances with my passwords is a spooky thing as you might imagine, so having complete instructions in logical order somewhere would be a courage builder. I've been on a Mac since they were new, so I'm pretty savvy about a lot of things. I mourn the loss of manuals sometimes, even if they're online in some form or another. I'm a former magazine art director, so building a document that has logical formats for easy understanding was part of my career.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@maxglitz

Taking chances with my passwords is a spooky thing as you might imagine

Oh, we get it -- if you're new to password management, it can be a weird experience to "let go" of remembering all your own passwords and let a piece of software do it for you. But that's why we created our support site, which contains walk-throughs of the main aspects of 1Password, and why we're always here to answer specific questions.

...having complete instructions in logical order somewhere would be a courage builder.

While we don't have an "owner's manual" style of guide, we do have our Get Started with 1Password section which helps you know what to do first, and what needs to be taken care of to get the most out of 1Password. Each section contains links to related issues -- especially if those other issues are critical next steps. Let us know if you have any problems or questions. That's why we're here. :)

• maxglitz
    maxglitz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks again. Now, at least, I know that that's THE place to go and not stumble around looking for something else. There's even peace in that.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.