Not working in Chrome [both apps need to be up to date and in default system /Applications folder]

Options
vdubois
vdubois
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

the chrome plugin in no longer working after upgrading to ipassword7. any ideas why? I have tried restarting several times...I have tried reinstalling the chrome plugin.

In addition, when I use the new 1password 7 app the "open and fill" is not working. I click on it and nothing happens.

All other versions and updates have been great. What went wrong this time?

Comments

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @vdubois! Let's try to fix those issues you mentioned. :)

the chrome plugin in no longer working after upgrading to ipassword7. any ideas why? I have tried restarting several times...I have tried reinstalling the chrome plugin.

First, make sure 1Password 7 and your browser are both in your system-wide /Applications folder. If either of them is anywhere else on your system, our new code signature checks will fail and filling will stop working. If that doesn't do it, try our steps here. Let me know how that helps!

In addition, when I use the new 1password 7 app the "open and fill" is not working. I click on it and nothing happens.

Is your default browser not a browser (i.e. Browser Fairy or Choosy) by any chance? For now you'll need to set it back to a real browser (like Chrome) for Open and Fill to keep on working.

• vdubois
    vdubois
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. I am using chrome and “open and fill” doesn’t work from the app. Please advise.

I will try your other steps for the plug in.

• Jacob
    Options

@vdubois Does open and fill work when Chrome is open? If not, does filling work at all in Chrome?

• vdubois
    vdubois
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Checked, both chrome and 1password 7 are in the general applications folder. When I go to chrome, the 1Password button is grayed out. When I click on it the app opens for a millisecond and then disappears again. All this happened after upgrade to 1password7.0.4. Very dissappointed.

• Jacob
    Options

@vdubois Interesting. To get a better idea of what the issue is, please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email, and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a confirmation number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• vdubois
    vdubois
    Community Member
    Options

QWP-48335-578

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vdubois: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: QWP-48335-578

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

In case it helps anyone else, if Chrome is out of date or has an update pending, it will break many extensions, including 1Password. Make sure you update Chrome completely:

chrome://settings/help

Or, if that isn't working for some reason, install the latest version from Google's website:

https://www.google.com/chrome

Cheers! :)

• vdubois
    vdubois
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Didn't help me, though, I downloaded the latest version, restarted and still have the same issue.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018
    Options

@vdubois: I'm glad to hear you've updated Chrome. I see something else that needs to be addressed. I'll follow up with you via email.

ref: QWP-48335-578

This discussion has been closed.