1Password mini greyed out on (1Password stand-alone 4.6.2.626)

Options

Hi,
My 1Password stand-alone for Windows is working great, however extensions are exhibiting issues in Firefox and Chrome.

1. Firefox version 60.0.2 (64-bit)
  2. 1Password Chrome Extension 4.7.1.90

Can you please let me know what to do? I tried re-crating Firefox profile w/o luck.
Thank you in advance!

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @ihuter: Could you double-check a setting real quick? This is the most common cause of the trouble you're having, so it's always a good first step. Open and unlock the main 1Password 4 app and choose Help > Advanced. Make sure "Use Native Messaging protocol" is checked, then restart your browser(s) and give it another try. Let me know what you find out. :chuffed:

• ihuter
    ihuter
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate : Thank you for the tip. I have updated the settings to ‘Use Native Messaging protocol’; unfortunately it still doesn’t work. The 1Password mini icon looks normal (not greyed out), however nothing happens when I click on it.

In addition to that, my browser (Firefox) keeps stealing focus - if I minimize it, it pops back on the top of the desktop within seconds.

Do you know why am I seeing this behavior? Thank you again for your feedback.

• That's another one I know, @ihuter! Focus stealing usually happens because the browser authentication is failing due to an improperly updated authorization file. To fix it:

1. Open Start and type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Agilebits to search, then press Enter.
    2. Drag the OPX4.auth file in this folder to your desktop.
    3. Restart browsers.

Let me know if that gets things working as expected (and, if it does, you can delete that file on your desktop). :+1:

• ihuter
    ihuter
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate : Thank you!!!!!!
    Regenerating OPX4.auth did the trick. It fixed the issue in both browsers.

@bundtkate for president!

Have a good weekend.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ihuter,

On behalf of Kate you are very welcome! :chuffed: I am glad to hear you are all set now.

Feel free to contact us anytime in the future, we are always ready to help you with 1Password.

Have a wonderful week!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.