Master Passwort confuision

Options

I use a family-account on 1passwort.com. No local vaults anymore. Used a dropbox-Sync before. Now I can't login with the new Master Password from my family-Account. But I can login with the old Password from the dropbox-Sync, although all data from dropbox are deleted and no local vaults exist. What can I do, to get access with the correct Master Password? System is a Windows Server 2016 with RemoteDesktop. On a macOS- and a Windows 10-Client the Login with the correct Master Password works fine.

1Password Version: 7.0.558
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows Server 2016
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• @pmafli: It sounds like your local database may not have properly updated its password on this one machine when you removed that local vault. Depending on when you did this, I know we did have some (since resolved) issues with that at one point. First, make absolutely sure that all of your data is in your Family account, just to be safe. The best place to check is 1Password.com as it can never have any standalone vault data.

Assuming all is well there, could you check to make sure all standalone vaults are removed and haven't just had their data deleted? Open the vault menu by clicking All Vaults (or the currently selected vault/account's name) in the sidebar and look for an "On this PC" header. If you see anything there, hover over the vault underneath it, click ... > Remove vault. Lock and unlock with your new Master Password to see if that fixes things up if you do need to remove a vault.

If you don't see "On this PC" at all, reset your app on that machine, and sign into your account fresh. That should get everything on the same page. Let me know if this helps. :chuffed:

• pmafli
    pmafli
    Community Member
    Options

There are no local vaults. How can I reset the app?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pmafli: If you can sign in to your account at 1Password.com in the browser and have all of your data there, please follow the steps in this guide to reset the local database in 1Password for Windows.

Let us know how it goes. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• pmafli
    pmafli
    Community Member
    Options

This worked. Thank you!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pmafli: On behalf of Kate you are very welcome! :+1: :chuffed:

Feel free to contact us anytime, we are always here for you. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.