7.0.558 - Not recognising new login

Hello All,

I just joined a new website and created a login (username and password combination). At the time, my browser extension did NOT offer to save the login, but I know that this sometimes happens so I wasn't concerned. I then manually entered the new login credentials and two URLs into 1Password desktop. First URL is generic for the site, second was for the login page.

Now when I visit the site, I click on my browser extension button and I get no suggestions - as if it is not recognising the site/url. It IS correctly recognising other sites.

This is happening in Firefox and Edge browsers. The login is visible in my desktop app.

OS is Windows 10 version 10.0.17134
1Password: 7.0.558
Edge: 42.17134.1.0
EdgeHTML: 17.17134
EdgeExtension: 4.6.12.90

Firefox: 60.0.2
Firefox extension: 4.7.1.90

I'm not sure what my Sync type would be! Don't these new versions sync my info to your servers?

Kind regards
Tom

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @passwordTom,

I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

1. In a more general sense is the extension working, does the issue seem to be specific to this site?
    2. Will 1Password let you save a Login manually in your browser and if it does, does it show that Login item when you refresh the sign-in page and need 1Password to fill?

If you don't mind sharing the URL for the site here in our public support forums I'm more than happy to take a look and see if I can understand why things aren't working if that's helpful at all.

• passwordTom
    passwordTom
    Community Member

Hello @littlebobbytables,

Thanks for your prompt assistance.

1 - Generally the extensions do seem to be working.
    2- Tested the manual save at:
    www.bbc.co.uk - This failed to create the login - But for this site I do already have an account/login saved in 1password. Not sure if that will have any affect? Obviously I logged out of that account in the browser and attempted to create a new account using different credentials. The option to 'Save new login' is in the extension. But clicking on it didn't do anything at all.
    www.dailymail.co.uk - This one worked OK and exactly as in the article you shared.

The site I am having an issue with is:
    https://www.providentinsurance.co.uk
    With the login page here:
    https://www.providentinsurance.co.uk/selfservice/my-account-login/?page=myaccount

Kind regards
    Tom

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @passwordTom,

So I'm not sure yet why it isn't working for you. As you kindly supplied the URL I tested and found that I could create a dummy Login item using the steps I referred you to earlier. The saved Login item looks okay and after refreshing the page I found it correctly filled the expected fields.

Can you try the following for me please.

1. Restart your PC.
    2. Launch 1Password and unlock.
    3. Launch Firefox.
    4. Visit https://www.providentinsurance.co.uk/selfservice/my-account-login/?page=myaccount and attempt to manually save a new Login item from inside Firefox one more time.

Assuming you're still not presented with the save dialog can you create a diagnostic report and send it into us, I'd like to see if the log suggests something is crashing although why it isn't for me I don't understand. This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@1password.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. If you can post that reference here it will allow us to locate the diagnostic report and see if it reveals anything.

• passwordTom
    passwordTom
    Community Member

Hi @littlebobbytables,

Sadly, carrying out the steps that you specify above I get the following result:
    (Bear in mind that I already have manually created the login inside my 1Password desktop app.) After a reboot, I go to the Provident Insurance page. At this stage, to test, I click my browser extension button and no suggestions appear. So I enter some logon credentials. I click on my browser extension button and select "Save new login". And it all works.... to the extent that it is asking me to update the existing entry!

I'll send the error log and you can take a look if you like. I fixed the issue by creating a new entry and then I deleted the one that was causing a problem. Now, it all works fine and as I expect.

Many thanks for all your help.
    Kind regards
    Tom

• passwordTom
    passwordTom
    Community Member

[#EZF-15339-242] is the support case.

Keep up the good work! This product has evolved into a great cross platform tool. Stability causes me an issue though as the people I really want to recommend it to (the old ones and those not so hot on computers) just get in a mess with the update requirements and loss of functionality at each OS, browser or 1Password update. Fingers crossed we'll get there in the end :)

Cheers
    Tom

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @passwordTom,

Thank you, I'll take a look as soon as I can and let you know what I find.

ref: EZF-15339-242

This discussion has been closed.