can I delete Primary vault ?

Options
chris_eeftink
chris_eeftink
Community Member

In the 1Password app on my iPhone I see after upgrading to version 7 a Primary vault and a Personal vault.
Is it save to delete the Primary vault and how ?

Best regards and thanks !

Chris Eeftink

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018
    Options

Hi there @chris_eeftink! When you switch to syncing with a 1Password account, a new Personal vault is created. If you've migrated all your data into the Personal vault—you can check by switching to that vault or going to start.1password.com—then you will want to delete the Primary vault to avoid confusion/duplicates in the future. Do make sure you're able to sign into your account (including knowing your Secret Key) and have an Emergency Kit printed out to ensure you're never locked out.

Let us know if there's more we can do to help you. :)

• chris_eeftink
    chris_eeftink
    Community Member
    Options

The strange thing is that I only see in the app under iOS the Primary vault. When I log in at https://my.1password.com I only see my Personal vault and no Primary vault ;-)

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chris_eeftink that's exactly how it should be! That "Primary" vault is a standalone vault, completely separate from your 1Password account. If all of your 1Password data is in the "Personal" vault (and nothing's just in the Primary vault) then you can delete the Primary vault in the 1Password app > Settings tab > Vaults > Primary > Delete Vault.

• chris_eeftink
    chris_eeftink
    Community Member
    Options

I deleted the Primary vault on all iOS devices. Now I only see the Personal vault on all devices.
    Problem solved ! Thanks ;-)

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear that worked out. Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.