1Password 7 crashes with unhandled Sqlite exception after 20 seconds

Happens after 20 seconds every time I start 1Password. Then I have to start and enter password again. Quite annoying to only have 20 seconds to find or enter a password.

Sorry about the Danish text. The meaning should be straight forward.

Let me know if you need help to avoid these basic kinds of errors ;)

Cheers,
Jimmy

Program: 1Password.exe
Framework-version: v4.0.30319
Beskrivelse: Denne proces blev afsluttet pga. en ubehandlet undtagelse. (=UNHANDLED EXCEPTION)
Undtagelsesoplysninger: Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteException
ved Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteException.ThrowExceptionForRC(Int32, SQLitePCL.sqlite3)
ved Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteCommand.ExecuteReader(System.Data.CommandBehavior)
ved Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(System.Data.CommandBehavior)
ved System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader()
ved Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Storage.Internal.RelationalCommand.Execute(Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Storage.IRelationalConnection, Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Diagnostics.DbCommandMethod, System.Collections.Generic.IReadOnlyDictionary2<System.String,System.Object>) ved Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Storage.Internal.RelationalCommand.ExecuteReader(Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Storage.IRelationalConnection, System.Collections.Generic.IReadOnlyDictionary2<System.String,System.Object>)
ved Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Update.ReaderModificationCommandBatch.Execute(Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Storage.IRelationalConnection)

Undtagelsesoplysninger: Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.DbUpdateException
ved Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Update.ReaderModificationCommandBatch.Execute(Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Storage.IRelationalConnection)
ved Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Update.Internal.BatchExecutor.Execute(System.Tuple2<System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable1<Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Update.ModificationCommandBatch>,Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Storage.IRelationalConnection>)
ved Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.ExecutionStrategyExtensions+<>c__DisplayClass12_02[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[System.Int32, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].<Execute>b__0(Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.DbContext, System.__Canon) ved Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Storage.Internal.NoopExecutionStrategy.Execute[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[System.Int32, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.__Canon, System.Func3<Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.DbContext,System.__Canon,Int32>, System.Func3<Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.DbContext,System.__Canon,Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Storage.ExecutionResult1>)
ved Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.ExecutionStrategyExtensions.Execute[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[System.Int32, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Storage.IExecutionStrategy, System.Func2<System.__Canon,Int32>, System.Func2<System.__Canon,Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Storage.ExecutionResult1<Int32>>, System.__Canon) ved Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Update.Internal.BatchExecutor.Execute(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable1<Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Update.ModificationCommandBatch>, Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Storage.IRelationalConnection)
ved Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Storage.RelationalDatabase.SaveChanges(System.Collections.Generic.IReadOnlyList1<Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Update.IUpdateEntry>) ved Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.ChangeTracking.Internal.StateManager.SaveChanges(System.Collections.Generic.IReadOnlyList1<Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.ChangeTracking.Internal.InternalEntityEntry>)
ved Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.ChangeTracking.Internal.StateManager.SaveChanges(Boolean)
ved Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.DbContext.SaveChanges(Boolean)
ved Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.DbContext.SaveChanges()
ved AgileBits.OnePassword.WorkspaceDatabase.SaveChangesWithCount(AgileBits.OnePassword.Db)
ved AgileBits.OnePassword.WorkspaceDatabase.SaveChanges(AgileBits.OnePassword.Db)
ved AgileBits.OnePassword.WorkspaceDatabase.UpdateAccount(Int64, Int64, System.String, System.String, System.String, System.String, Boolean, Boolean)
ved AgileBits.OnePassword.WorkspaceAccount+d__124.MoveNext()
ved System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
ved System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
ved System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1[[System.Boolean, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].GetResult()
ved AgileBits.OnePassword.WorkspaceAccount+d__121.MoveNext()
ved System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
ved System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
ved System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult()
ved AgileBits.OnePassword.WorkspaceData+d__210.MoveNext()
ved System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult()
ved AgileBits.OnePassword.AppLock+<>c__DisplayClass40_0+<b__0>d.MoveNext()

Undtagelsesoplysninger: System.AggregateException
ved AgileBits.OnePassword.App.b__11_1(System.Object, System.Threading.Tasks.UnobservedTaskExceptionEventArgs)
ved System.EventHandler`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Invoke(System.Object, System.__Canon)
ved System.Threading.Tasks.TaskScheduler.PublishUnobservedTaskException(System.Object, System.Threading.Tasks.UnobservedTaskExceptionEventArgs)
ved System.Threading.Tasks.TaskExceptionHolder.Finalize()

1Password Version: 7.0.558
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @DocJames: This isn't a crash that's familiar to me, so we'll probably have to do a bit of digging here, but one question I know will help – did this happen following an update (of 1Password or Windows) or did it seemingly pop up out of nowhere? That will help us narrow focus and make sure we're digging in the right spot. :+1:

• DocJames
    DocJames
    Community Member

I think it was the 1Password 7 update that started it.

I have tried to uninstall first and then install, it's same. I can see that 1Password is not uninstalled completely - do you have a guide on how to uninstall/remove 1Password completely? I could try that.

Let me know if you need something from me to help you :)

• @DocJames without Diagnostics Report I can only guess, but you can try this:

1. turn on AirPlane mode (or otherwise make sure network is not working)
    2. unlock app
    3. see if you have empty named entry in Accounts menu
    4. sign out from that account
    5. bring network back

Alternative option (do it only if you have no offline changes) is to start over.

If neither of this helps - just send us a Diagnostics Report, we'll find the way to fix it. Thank you!

• DocJames
    DocJames
    Community Member

@SergeyTheAgile it worked to:
    1. turn internet off
    2. start 1Password and there were 2 accounts logged in
    3. sign out from the empty named account

Thanks for the help!

Do you want the diagnostics report anyway?

Cheers,
    Jimmy

• Glad it worked @DocJames, no need for diagnostics, this is known issue. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.