1Password 7 slow to respond immediately after unlocking [will be addressed in an update]

2»

Comments

• This discussion was created from comments split from: PasswordX doesn't honor "never display in browser" setting.
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

(merged with the existing discussion on this issue)

• lowi82
    lowi82
    Community Member

1Password for Windows is SHOT. I love 1Password and am mainly a MacOS and iOS user. I purchased a Windows PC for personal stuff and installed 1Password to use my local vault. It just doesn't work. The delay for filling out logins is too long. Its beyond frustrating. Please address this faster.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lowi82: I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but we're not going to rush out an update and potentially make things worse. We'd like to make sure that we improve performance without introducing other issues. Otherwise it's just a different problem, not really a solution.

• kevin008
    kevin008
    Community Member

I have the same issue. Just suddenly slowed up a couple of weeks ago and not improved. Slow to open, slow to search to the point where its almost not useable

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kevin008: I'm sorry to hear that. We're working on an update to address performance issues. In the mean time, if you wait a minute or so, until sync and other background processes are complete, search will be more responsive.

• Hi guys,

Please do try the 7.2.580 beta 1 update we just released. It may help with some of the performance issues but not all yet, it's coming in the larger 1Password 7.3 update we're working on.

• schwachs
    schwachs
    Community Member

Hi there... the .580 beta doesn't seem any better for me. Been having this problem for months.

Thanks.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @schwachs,

I am sorry to hear that! Do you use 1Password account or standalone vault?

Our 7.2.580 beta should mostly help folks with standalone vaults, so if you have 1Password account, please stay tuned for our larger 1Password 7.3 update that includes the new thread scheduler. We will post more news when we have them. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• Hi @schwachs,

I don't see any recent reports from you about this unless you sent from a different email address. Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• schwachs
    schwachs
    Community Member

@MikeT

Done and done. I hadn't sent any reports on this before... I've just been noticing it for a couple of months and figured it would have been fixed so I was being probably too patient.

Anyway, I sent it off as requested. Confirm as you said when you can.

• Hi @schwachs,

We got the email and will reply there as soon as we finish reading the report.

ref: ZPH-41494-285

.. I've just been noticing it for a couple of months and figured it would have been fixed so I was being probably too patient.

We do not collect telemetry or anything like that, we respect your privacy above all but that means that you have to report issues when you see them. We can't fix issues that we don't know about, especially performance issues. We do submit crash report with your permission, the app will detect any crashes and prompt you if you're willing to submit it to us but that's about it. These reports do not contain any information about performance, just how the app crashed.

At first glance, your report does not show any of the known signs of performance issues that we've been working on, which means your issues are not related to the ones listed here. We'll need to dig deeper and figure out what's going on, so we can fix it in a future update.

• schwachs
    schwachs
    Community Member

@MikeT Makes sense and I certainly wasn't blaming you guys for not fixing something you didn't know about... I should have sent it in and just was fruitlessly waiting... my bad.

Let me know how I can help. I can reproduce basically every time. You launch it, try to search... sometimes you can get a quick search off but then it basically lets you type in the search box and it accepts the text but the results don't change for 60 seconds or so... I haven't actually timed it but it's definitely a while.

Let me know how I can be helpful, if you want a screen share, etc.

• helmas
    helmas
    Community Member

I also had performance problems on 7.2.576 and submitted a diagnostics report. With the help of @bundtkate, I downgraded to 7.1 as a temporary workaround.

I upgraded to 7.2.580 earlier this evening and my first impressions are positive. I've not done specific timing, but my perception is that 580 is slightly slower than 7.1 upon unlock, and more importantly it's a significant improvement over 576.

Thanks guys & keep up the good work!

• That's great to hear, we have more performance optimizations coming in the near future.

• tablealuminum
    tablealuminum
    Community Member

I'm on Windows 10 and I'm experiencing weird behavior when the computer first starts up. The first time I do my fill shortcut in Chrome, it takes 30-60 seconds to open. It's almost like something isn't running and it's starting up right then. This is all before I type in my password and unlock. I don't have any more issues after that. My account has about 1,300 items and is a 1password account. I have many other Windows 10 Pro computers which don't exhibit the same issue. I've tried reinstalling but it doesn't help.

• @tablealuminum: That's exactly the issue being discussed in this thread. Your app is syncing when you first start it bogging things down and, yes, making filling take a bit. Once that sync completes, the lag clears up and everything is fine. This is expected at present. It doesn't affect everyone, but it affects enough folks that it's not surprising you're seeing it. We're working on some fairly significant changes to address this as we speak so hang tight and we hope to have it sorted in the near future. :+1:

• khell
    khell
    Community Member

This is STILL a major problem. You have not fixed anything. At 1773 items, 1Password is dog slow on Windows. Why is your Windows app performance so stunningly bad compared to Mac, iOS and Android?! I have paid so much for licenses on every platform for 1Password over the last 10+ years, am now a subscriber to 1Password.com and I have to wonder where all the money is going - because it's clearly not your Windows team. Windows app performance is appalling, and its UI is and has always been ugly as hell compared to every other platform.

From an extremely frustrated long time user.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

No dogs here, with more data than that, and this Surface is not exactly a speed demon. But we'll be happy to take a look at a diagnostics report from your machine to see what specific issue you may be having there if you'll send it to support+windows@1password.com

This discussion has been closed.