Having a few small issue with Watchtower/2FA in 1Password 7.1 Beta 1

pbryanw
pbryanw
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi, I've noticed a few small issues after using the Watchtower Inactive 2FA category, to add 2FA codes to logins in the new beta.

1. Whenever I edit a login, then save - with or without changes - I seem to be redirected to the Logins category.
  2. I've noticed that I have to input a character, while editing a login, before the One-Time Password option for a field becomes available. Is this a bug, or is there a way of doing this without the need for input?
  3. After saving the 2FA code to a login, as mentioned earlier, you get redirected to the Logins category. I guess that, in the future, you'll be redirected to the newly edited login, so you can copy the 2FA code. As every 2FA web-page seems to ask for a confirmation code - I think it would be useful to copy the new 2FA code to the clipboard, ready for this purpose.
  4. I think I have a false 2FA positive with Beamdog Support: https://beamdog.zendesk.com/hc/en-us I tried logging into the Zendesk web-site, but it didn't recognise my Beamdog details. Would it be best to use the 2FA tag to hide this login from Watchtower?

I'd like to add, that using From my screen, worked perfectly for adding 2FA codes for me, and made the whole process so much easier. I also didn't know so many of my logins were eligible for 2FA, so thank you for bringing this feature to 1Password for Windows.

1Password Version: 1Password 7.1 Beta 1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 x64 1803
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• Hi @pbryanw,

Thanks for reporting these.

Whenever I edit a login, then save - with or without changes - I seem to be redirected to the Logins category.

It's a known bug, it'll be fixed in a future update. If you were in Logins, changing that item remains focused in there, both the item itself and the category.

The issue is when you're editing something that's not in its primary category, like Login item in Favorites would direct you back to Logins as well.

ref: OPW-2286

I've noticed that I have to input a character, while editing a login, before the One-Time Password option for a field becomes available. Is this a bug, or is there a way of doing this without the need for input?

Also a known issue but it'll be addressed in a major overhaul we have planed for the item details viewer and editor. We plan to let you choose the type before you have to focus the empty field.

As every 2FA web-page seems to ask for a confirmation code - I think it would be useful to copy the new 2FA code to the clipboard, ready for this purpose.

It already does, once you ask 1Password to fill in your login item, it'll auto-copy your 2FA to your clipboard. If not, you may have it turned off. Go to the 1Password menu > Settings > Browsers to turn this on:

If you mean after you edit the Login to add a new 2FA secret. This one may be a bit too much, there may be something else you have in your clipboard that you want to use. At least when you're filling your Login item, it makes sense to automate it.

We'll add a banner to let you know when 2FA code has been copied and when your previous clipboard content has been restored.

I think I have a false 2FA positive with Beamdog Support: https://beamdog.zendesk.com/hc/en-us I tried logging into the Zendesk web-site, but it didn't recognise my Beamdog details. Would it be best to use the 2FA tag to hide this login from Watchtower?

Yes and I'll let our team know about it.

It may be because of the domain, it thinks there's 2FA support on Zendesk.com but it is not on Beamdog. We'll see if we can separate it.

I'd like to add, that using From my screen, worked perfectly for adding 2FA codes for me, and made the whole process so much easier. I also didn't know so many of my logins were eligible for 2FA, so thank you for bringing this feature to 1Password for Windows.

You're absolutely welcome. We can't wait to share this with the rest of the world soon. It's definitely a very nice feature.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

@MikeT - Thanks very much for your in-depth answers to my original post - they were much appreciated :chuffed: :+1:

Also a known issue but it'll be addressed in a major overhaul we have planed for the item details viewer and editor. We plan to let you choose the type before you have to focus the empty field.

I'm really looking forward to using this, once it comes to the beta. I hope this major overhaul is due soon :+1:

• You're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.