Multiple questions about Version 7

Options
Fun10Key
Fun10Key
Community Member
  1. Can I create a separate password for each vault if I create multiple vaults?
  2. What is the difference feature-wise if I get version 7 via membership model versus the single license?
  3. If I do the membership and in 12 months or so I decide I don’t want to do the membership anymore, how can I continue to use 1password? Could I downgrade to version 6 or pay for the single license (discounted?)?
  4. If I start as a single membership, what needs to happen if I were to switch to family? Any commitment length for either?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018
    Options

Can I create a separate password for each vault if I create multiple vaults?

@Fun10Key: You can do that, but the Master Password for the first vault/account setup in the app with be the one used to unlock the app.

What is the difference feature-wise if I get version 7 via membership model versus the single license?

All of our server-based features like Travel Mode, automatic offsite backup, item history, intra-account sharing and recovery, etc. are exclusive to 1Password.com memberships. You can find more details in what's included here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

You can find out what's new in version 7 for licenses in the announcement on our blog.

If I do the membership and in 12 months or so I decide I don’t want to do the membership anymore, how can I continue to use 1password? Could I downgrade to version 6 or pay for the single license (discounted?)?

You could export your data into a local vault and purchase a license for whatever's current at that time.

If I start as a single membership, what needs to happen if I were to switch to family? Any commitment length for either?

Nope! The same monthly/annual payment option exists, but you're free to cancel any time. Your account will remain active until your current subscription period has elapsed.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.