1password 7 Standalone License direct purchase from reseller (NO app needed!)

Hi,

I found a way to purchase 1Password 7 directly from the reseller, without requiring the app installed. (in-app) :p

The in-app purchase feature does use a web-api service of the reseller, which can be access directly with a browser. So I don't understand why agilebits hides this information or insists on in-app purchase option only. :|

These are the links, just tested for both Windows and Mac:

https://1password.onfastspring.com/in-app/1password-7-for-windows
https://1password.onfastspring.com/in-app/1password-7-for-mac

Thanks,
Ivan

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• @variia

They don't hide the links, in fact they've previously published them in direct response to questions. And it doesn't take a genius to work out how "to purchase 1Password 7 directly from the reseller".

AgileBits don't actively promote them in campaign material because too many people would purchase it in error instead of the subscription. You just need to take a look through this forum to see how many people want to convert their standalone purchase to a subscription to see why the publicity material doesn't include them.

If somebody wants a standalone licence then they'll either follow the in-app link or use one of the URLs mentioned.

• Sure, understand but...

I just wanted to take advantage of the earlybird saving without actually installing the product. The reason being, is that the UI and the product has changed significantly and my users need time and education (not to mention possible bugs) so I cannot just proceed with the install yet.
    Needing to download a Windows VM, running it under VirtualBox on Mac was a waste of time, when I realised that the Windows version of the "app-in purchase" opened a publicly accessible link in the browser...
    I understand, that my case is somewhat special, but at the end of the day, I want to spend my money so I expect the vendor to make it relatively easy for me.

• Thanks, just purchased Mac version trough upper link.
    Payed with Paypal (so that dispute is possible in case of problems when applying licence) just in case, as Agilebits stated that direct buy is not officially supported outside app.

My reason for purchasing 1PW7 directly is described here:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/91828/purchasing-standalone-1p7-from-os-x-10-11-el-capitan#latest
    (still no replay from Agilebits / 1Password team afters 2 days since my post, so I was afraid that discount will not be available any more at the time I may get official replay from 1PW team)

• The Windows version opens that link I posted in a browser as part of the "in-app" purchase so it is as official as it gets :chuffed: On Mac, it is just nicely wrapped inside a popup window making you feel like you are doing this via the app but behind the scene, I am pretty sure the same link is used

• brentybrenty

Team Member

I don't quite see the benefit in purchasing a license if you're not using the app, but if you're really that determined to support us we appreciate it. Thank you! :chuffed:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file