Revert to 1password 6

Options
XavierManhattan
XavierManhattan
Community Member

I downloaded 1password 7 for my Mac to test it but in the process of doing that it deleted my 1password 6. I now want to go back to my 1password 6 but have two problems:

1. My 1password 6 was the App Store version. I found 1password 6 in your website but I want back the App Store version. How do I get it back?
  2. During my process of testing 1password 7, it seems all my passwords were uploaded to the cloud. I want them removed from the cloud. How do I do that?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @XavierManhattan!

You can re-download 1Password 6 from the Mac App Store using the "Purchased" tab. Then, you can simply use your old standalone vault and—after confirming that all your data is safe on your device in a standalone vault—delete your 1Password account and all the data within.

By the way, if you're hesitant to try an account for some particular reason, do let me know! More likely than not, it's the best way for you to experience 1Password and the most secure and seamless way too.

My teammates and I are here if you need any more help with any of this. ;)

• highpeak
    highpeak
    Community Member
    Options

I am simply overwhelmed by the new 1Password 7 and want to revert to 1Password 6. Please tell me how

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@highpeak there are detailed instructions on how to do that in this AgileBits' post.

That said, there's plenty of help on this forum if you do want to persevere a little with 1Password 7. :)

Stephen

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for chiming in @Stephen_C! The link you included is the perfect reference.

If you need anymore assistance @highpeak, please let us know. Also, it would be great if you could please let us know what about 1Password 7 was overwhelming and what you did not like. That way, we can use your feedback to improve the product :+1:.

This discussion has been closed.