Thinking about getting a 1Password Families, but how does it work on 1 PC?

Options
richardevs
richardevs
Community Member

The title should be confuse, let me explain.

So I'm thinking about getting a 1Password Families for my family, after 1Password finally covered my family's language.
But here is the problem, we only got 1 PC at home, and everyone ( except me ) is using it for all their works, since 1Password auto starts and prompt for Master Password, there can only be one Password. But what about multi personal vaults then? Is it possible to separate each member's default vault when they login?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@richardevs: Good question. If you're all using a single Windows user account, you're gonna have a bad time. 1Password is a single user app. It's best to use separate user account in the OS, both for security and convenience. And peace. I don't know about your family, but desktop icons and wallpapers can be a real point of contention. Kidding aside, if you're not able to use separate Windows user accounts, browsers can help a lot since both Chrome and Firefox support multiple persons/profiles, and 1Password X works in both of those. That way everyone can have their own bookmarks, homepage, and 1Password X setup with their account. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.