To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to remove pw 7? Want 6.8.8 back!

Options
tuni12
tuni12
Community Member

Trial membership, having too many problems with upgrade. Can someone provide me step by step process to get 6.8.8 back onto MBPro, am on High Sierra, used iCloud as back up . Have tried for 5 days, no joy. Please take me back to 6.8.8 - there must’ve some simple way to get out of this mess. Nothing but frustration. How do I get 6.8.8 back??? Simple, idiot- proof steps, please.

Comments

• Dr_Owssap1
    Dr_Owssap1
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Tuni,

Not an AB employee, but hoping I can help. If you have your standalone vault saved on your computer (or in iCloud), you should just be able to drag the 1P7 app to the trashcan, empty the trashcan, and then unzip 1P6 again and install/run it.

You can find the download for 1P6 here if you don't have it anymore: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/download/OPM4

-Doc

• Meek
    Options

Hey @tuni12,

I'm really sorry to hear that you ran into trouble upgrading to 1Password 7. If you do decide to give it a try again in the future, we'd be happy to help get everything running smoothly.

For now, @Dr_Owssap1's instructions should get you back up an running on 1Password 6. Let us know if you have any more questions or if there is anything else we can help with.

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

Dr. Owssap1: thanks for the instructions however I didn't find it that easy. 1 PW 7 leaves a lot of stuff behind and it doesn't easily work just to drag, and empty. I've spent 2 days trying to remove it (after spending 3 days trying to install the upgrade to my satisfaction)....has been a frustrating week. I did, however, manage to remove 1PW 7 after spending a lot of research time on google. Also had to go to my library, and then there still was the mini which refused to leave.....tough process. Maybe others will have more success in either or both. anyway, thanks for your help, really appreciate it.

• Dr_Owssap1
    Dr_Owssap1
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @tuni12 I'm both sorry to hear you had trouble with the uninstall, but also glad to hear that you eventually got it to work! I know it's moot at this point, but I should have been clearer (sorry): you want to make sure you quit the app first, so it shouldn't be running anywhere on your computer, then moving it to the trashcan/deleting it and emptying the trashcan should have resolved your issue. Alternatively, if you're interested, I've been using an app for years called "AppDelete" that basically removes the app and searches for other related files (as you mentioned, in the library) to delete those as well. I'm sure there may be other similar apps as well, so take a look for those if you're a stickler for really removing every trace of an app (as am I). :)

• Ben
    Options

Please note that we do not recommend using “cleaner” apps (or manually trying to “clean up”) with 1Password. Removing what may appear to be unimportant support files may in fact end up deleting your 1Password data. Caveat emptor on that point.

Thanks for assisting @Dr_Owssap1. :)

Ben

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

Thx- dr for the suggestion, at this point I don’t even remember how I finally deleted all of it. There was something I found whilst googling, a discussion group comment mention the option key and something else? Just trial and error. Would have preferred to have retained 7 but found it impossibly frustrating setup etc. Ben thank you for the warning - I had seen that in a previous response.

• Ben
    Options

:+1:

Ben

• Dr_Owssap1
    Dr_Owssap1
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben that's a great point--hadn't thought of that! Just to clarify: if I (or anyone else) have their 1P data stored in the cloud (Dropbox, iCloud, etc.) or have a 1P Account, could deleting local data cause any problems? Assuming you don't somehow delete and then force-sync.

Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

@Dr_Owssap1

It shouldn’t, but I still wouldn’t recommend it. :)

Ben

• Dr_Owssap1
    Dr_Owssap1
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben Better safe than sorry, I agree! :) Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

:+1:

Ben

• zharikovpro
    zharikovpro
    Community Member
    Options

How can I move 1P7 vaults back to 1P6? I'd like to use "sync via Dropbox" option and it has options to pick either ".agilekeychain" or ".opvault" files. But, I cannot export such formats from 1P7 - no such option.

• Ben
    Options

@zharikovpro

You’d have to set up syncing with Dropbox in 1Password 7, which will create an OPVault file in Dropbox:

Sync your 1Password data

I hope that helps!

Ben

• zharikovpro
    zharikovpro
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Ben

I've used that option with 1Password 6 and know how it works. Problem is - 1Password 7 for Mac / Android doesn't offer such option for me.

• Ben
    Options

Are you signed into a membership account? If so you won’t see the option to sync with 3rd party sync services until you’ve created a standalone vault. This guide may help:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

Ben

This discussion has been closed.