I'm in a mess

Options

Quite frankly I'm in a mess, but I'm someone that tends to over complicate things and end up with a headache at the end of the day.

I've been using 1Password 4 (standalone) happily for a number of years using Dropbox sync. I decided to try out 1Password 7 (families subscription) and although I liked the functionality I had concluded it was more cost effective to buy two standalone licenses on version 7 and continue with my wife to use the Dropbox sync as we've been doing for years.

I bought the first license to get myself set up and applied it to the software. I then created a local vault (synchronised in my Dropbox folder) - all good. Then, I copied all the items from the online vault to the new local vault. That's where the fun starts. All items appear in the local vault on 1Password 7 for Windows, but when I sync it to Dropbox and check my iPhone, it's not added them all - probably about three quarters. After a manual fudge I managed to get a few more recognised from Windows over to iOS, but sadly not all. It seems that copying in bulk doesn't work reliably. When I close the local vault on my PC I get a warning about losing un-synchronised changes, or words to that effect.

I now wish I'd not bought the standalone license and instead created a Families subscription. What I really want is 1Password 7 to work properly, using Dropbox. Perhaps it's a little buggy still, with regard to local vaults? Any help greatly appreciated.

1Password Version: 7.0.558
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• SergeyTheAgile
    edited June 2018
    Options

@GreatRaymondo sorry for this experience, could you try 7.1.566 beta from here https://1password.com/downloads/#betas ? There are some improvements to local vault processing specifically for iOS case. Let us know if that helps :)

• GreatRaymondo
    GreatRaymondo
    Community Member
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile Many thanks for a quick and helpful response; that seems to have worked a treat. I should have known you guys had it in hand already!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @GreatRaymondo,

On behalf of Sergey you are very welcome! :chuffed: I am glad to hear that the latest beta helped.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with, we are always here for you. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.