1Password 7 on Windows 10 shows dialogs with titles and empty contents

Options

When I try to save or update a password using the broswer extension (Firefox), or generate a new password through the browser extension or the desktop app, the windows for either appear with title text, but no contents. Screenshots of both are attached.

Comments

• pathanlan
    pathanlan
    Community Member
    Options

Also - to be able to post this, I had to edit the HTML for the discussion reporting page to let me select "Windows" as the category - it was disabled by default. I'm using Firefox on Windows 10, version 60.0.2.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @pathanlan,

Thanks for reporting this. We've saw a spike of this UI issue starting with Windows 10 April 2018 update with Intel graphics drivers. Do you have an Intel iGPU? If yes, can you try uninstalling its drivers, reboot, and see if 1Password shows its UI properly? Here's a thread that was reported at Intel's community thread with the same issue: https://communities.intel.com/thread/125867

• pathanlan
    pathanlan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT - Yes, my laptop has an Intel integrated GPU. I tried the trick you suggested - the windows will appear properly between removing the driver and restarting. Also, Windows 10 detects that the driver is gone and reinstalls with within a minute or two, and at that point the issue comes back.

I tried grabbing an updated driver from Intel, but it appears I have to wait for a Dell provided update instead. Cheers for your help.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pathanlan: Hopefully, they will release an update soon.

If we have more news, we will definitely post them here. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.