Can't install chrome extension for version 4 on Windows 10

I am running 1PW Version 4.6.2.626 on Windows 10. I want to install the Chrome Extension for my standalone 1PW. (Chrome Version 67.0.3396.79 (Official Build) (64-bit)). However, when I try to do this by clicking the Install Chrome Extension in 1PW preferences, I am taken to a page that installs the subscription version of the 1PW extension and makes all of my logins read only.

How do I get my standalone chrome extension back?

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Tom Pyzdek
    Tom Pyzdek
    Community Member

I discovered that I can install the chrome extension for my standalone version of 1 password here https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-extension-deskt/aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk?hl=en.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @Tom Pyzdek,

A better link is Browsers - 1Password as that will access to the standard extension for all supported browsers that work with the native 1Password application on Mac and Windows.

I'm not entirely sure what happened in your case as we only have two extensions. The standard one works with the existing copy of 1Password and works regardless of whether you have a 1Password account or happen to use 1Password with standalone vaults and a licence while the other, 1Password X would only allow you to connect to a 1Password account - it wouldn't touch 1Password 4 for Windows or make your Login items read-only. Did you try a 1Password account in the past that you decided against and has entered a frozen state? That could at least explain the read-only bit.

• Tom Pyzdek
    Tom Pyzdek
    Community Member

Did you try clicking the link? I did on my iPad and it took me, after clicking a second link on the page, to a page about developing extensions for 1Password.

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

@Tom Pyzdek If you click it on your Windows PC it'll take you to the right place. ;)

This discussion has been closed.