Sorting favorites in 1Password 7

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

My thread from last year was closed:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/81078/sort-favorites#latest

But PSA, for other users that are interested, in 1Password 7, it's now possible to sort your favorites automatically by 'Alphabetically' or 'Alphabetically Reversed'.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @agilebitsforumuser! Thanks for pointing that out—it's a wonderful little addition, isn't it?

Let us know if you ever have any more feedback or questions. :)

• mpepping
    mpepping
    Community Member
    Options

Great to see that feature requests are follow-ed up on .. but I was a big fan of being able to manually sort the Favorites list. This seems not possible anymore with 1Password 7 for Mac?

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mpepping Indeed, Favorites are now sorted alphabetically on 1Password 7 for Mac. Because that's not the case on the 1Password apps for iOS and Android just yet, any manual sorting actions you make in 1Password 7 for Mac will be reflected on those apps (just not in 1Password on your Mac).

• ender415
    ender415
    Community Member
    Options

this is terrible. not being able to control which favorite is most easily accessible is a real step backward.

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018
    Options

Hi @ender415, thanks for the feedback. Hopefully we will improve favorites sorting in a future update to 1Password. Stay tuned.

ref: apple-1606

• wrrn
    wrrn
    Community Member
    Options

Add me to the list. I definitely would like to see manual sorting of favorites.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @wrrn. :)

Ben

• rburgst
    rburgst
    Community Member
    Options

I would even like to have it automatically sort by name, but the 1Passwort mini seems to sort by date when the entry was marked as a favorite. This is completely useless unfortunately, since you wont be able to bring your most often used favorite to the top without making handstands.
    Am I holding it wrong? How do you get 1P mini to show the entries in a specific order. I am willing to change names (i.e. I prefixed my top favorite with "01" but that didnt help).

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rburgst - you're not "holding it wrong." It's just not quite as simple as it used to be, given that we have four platforms plus the 1password.com servers that must all respect each others' sorting. We are working on addressing this for a future release, but I don't have anything to share with you on that score just yet. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

• WaltDittrich
    WaltDittrich
    Community Member
    Options

This topic seems to indicate that 1Password has lost the feature of editing the order of sorting Favorites.
    It only started happening to me within the last week or two.

While I realize this editing the order feature has only been available on the MacOS app, for the past year or so, it synced to the iOS app, which made it workable. Now, that feature is gone.
    This is incredibly disappointing and a huge step backwards. 🙁

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@WaltDittrich - please don't post the same thing in multiple threads; it slows the support times for everyone, including you. I've replied to you in the other thread in which you mentioned Favorites sorting. :)

This discussion has been closed.