Tutorial at Windows startup

I just installed 1Password (Families) on a new Windows Dell XPS 13. Everything went fine except every time I start the laptop I get the following tutorial. I definitely have the most recent version of 1Password installed, so not sure why this is lingering after each startup. Thanks in advance for any insight.

1Password Version: 7.0.558
Extension Version: 7.1.565
OS Version: 10.0.17134
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @LarryMcJ,

Thank you for getting in touch! :+1:

It seems that you bumped into a known issue with Microsoft Edge.

Do you happen to have Microsoft Edge as a default browser in your system? Please try to de-select Edge as the default browser or disable 1Password extension in Edge. Let me know if you see this popup after that. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

Greg...yes, I use Edge as my browser in Windows. I disabled the 1Password extension and that stopped the popup. I just now read MikeT's comment on this in another thread, so I guess I'll just join others in waiting for a fix. Honestly, coming from 15 years using a Mac, the Edge browser and the new version of 1Password for Windows are why I even moved back to Windows...we'll see how long it lasts :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I hear you. Microsoft has been making good progress with each release of Windows 10 (two steps forward, one steps back at times) though, so I'm hopeful they'll iron out some of these kinks as well. Either way, it beats 2 out of the 3 previous Windows versions. :lol:

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member

Hey, brenty...nice to hear you! I know it's just one person's opinion, but I'm beginning to think Apple has lost it's way when it comes to the iMac and MBP. My 6-mo old MBP, which has never even had the keyboard hardly touched, is the worst excuse for a keyboard I've ever seen. And now WWDC has come and gone and not one hint of a new iMac :'( It's evident that 85% of their revenue comes from iOS hardware. I left Windows back in 2006 so using this latest Windows 10 build on a maxed out Dell XPS 13 and 4K 27" monitor is actually very nice! Anyway, kudos on the new Windows update for 1P...it truly is one of the reasons I dipped my toes back into the Windows ecosystem.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@LarryMcJ: Likewise, I hope you've been well, in spite of some technological setbacks. ;) I will admit I was hoping for a new MacBook too...but I am loving my Surface. I've got my fingers crossed from something in September though! If you left Windows XP or Vista behind all those years ago, I can see how Windows 10 looks even better...and I'm glad that 1Password is helping you adjust to life on the 'soft side again. Anyway, fingers crossed for us both, but 1Password at least has us covered either way. :chuffed:

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member

I was really torn between the Surface Book 2 and the Dell XPS, but the 4K display on the Dell finally won me over. And I'm not a tablet user, so it was a lot of extra $$ for something I didn't need. TTYL

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It sounds like you made the right choice then. :chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.