I can not open Version 7 I don't have a scan code or a key just a normal membership payment

Options
fisherman
fisherman
Community Member

V6 worked fine, I have a full paid for membership.
I now have V7 installed after a lot of problems,---but I can not open it--
There is now option I can find to allow a download / sync from the Cloud !!

1Password Version: V 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac High Siera
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I can not open Version 7 I don't have a scan code or a key just a normal membership payment

Comments

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fisherman and sorry for the trouble! Since your data is in a standalone vault syncing via iCloud, you won't be able to find it by signing into a 1Password account. Instead, you can purchase a license for v7 from the 1Password 7 menu in the top menubar, and then get your vault from the iCloud button on the setup page.

Let us know how that goes, and we're here for more in case you run into any more trouble. :)

• fisherman
    fisherman
    Community Member
    Options

I understand the one off payment I made- covers me for the upgrades---
    Version 6 is working fine on my MacBook--what should I do now ???

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi again @fisherman! Licenses for 1Password only cover one major version, so you'd need to purchase a new one (or start a 1Password account, which I would recommend!).

Here's more information on the benefits of a 1Password account—let me know if you're interested in starting one to get 1Password 7 at no extra cost!

• fisherman
    fisherman
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your advice.
    I really do find the terms used are very confusing,---eg " one major version "---
    So it appears that V5 to V6 was an upgrade, but V6 to V7 would appear to be a major version change--- how is one to know or understand this ?
    To offer V7 as a new product,-- for which you have to pay,-- would be much more honest and simple to understand, the current arrangement seems to be luring people into a big hole which they have to pay you get out of !!

Anyway, I'll look at the advantages again, at the moment I can only see the two stage authentication as being an advantage for me,-- but maybe I'm still missing something----I'll keep checking.

Thanks again,

Regards,
    David

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi again @fisherman! Sorry for the confusion: every major version (e.g. v5 to v6, v6 to v7) would be paid, except we just made a few of them over the years (like v5 to v6) free for everyone. :)

1Password 7 is a totally new product, and users without a 1Password account will need to pay for it anew. As far as advantages of an account—getting all the latest pro apps on all your devices with no license fees, along with seamless trouble-free syncing, makes it a pretty sweet deal!

Let me know if there's more I can help with, and I'm here to help you switch to an account.

This discussion has been closed.