Shortcut to copy generated password from 1p mini

pex
pex
Community Member

Is it no longer possible (in version 7) to copy a generated password without having to click twice using the mouse (once for the small arrow next to "Fill" and second on the "Copy" button)?

When at this screen, I've tried all the normal ways to copy it, "CMD-SHIFT-C", "CMD-ALT-C", "CMD-CTL-C", "CMD-C".

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pex: While it's certainly possible to copy the selected password (⌘ A, ⌘ C), I guess it's not a use case we design for specifically since generally people will be using 1Password to fill instead. Can you give me some insight into where copy and paste is preferable for you?

• pex
    pex
    Community Member

Hello @brenty
    As a System administrator I often find myself needing to generate secure passwords that are to be used in various non browser applications, like in a new system or user over a remote desktop or SSH connection, or generating/working with SSL Certificates and the like.
    Even though 1password is a password manager I kind of feel that a password generator fits great in there as well, and I'm simply missing that is can also be used easily for other than the intended browser password forms.
    There's of course plenty of other softwares out there like apg or pwgen that can generate secure passwords, but I usually will put them in 1password as a login or secure note anyway so it just makes sense that I would do both in 1password
    And you already have the keyboard shortcut to copy out passwords from stored passwords Instead of filling, which is one of the reasons I prefer 1Password over LastPass.

Generally It's important for me to be able to use software without being forced to use the mouse.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pex: That's really insightful. Thank you! I can't make any promises, but I'll bring this up with the team. It's definitely helpful to have that use case in mind as an example. Cheers! :)

ref: apple-1710

This discussion has been closed.