To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How can I attach files using web UI or 1Password X?

Options
dserodio
dserodio
Community Member

Since I'm running Linux, I'm using 1Password via web and 1Password X extension (for Firefox) as there's no native app for Linux. I'm trying to attach a file to a login item, but I can't find this option anywhere.

Please forgive if this is not the appropriate forum for this question, but I couldn't find a more specific one.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1Password X 1.7.3
OS Version: Linux
Sync Type: 1Password membership

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I can't answer your question, but I thought I'd point out that there is a 1Password X section of the forum, if you scroll down a bit. You might get a faster response if you post there.

• Hi @dserodio,

Unfortunately there's no way to create an attached file from either 1Password X or the 1Password.com website. The closest you can get (which may be sufficient in your case) is to create a new Document on 1Password.com. In doing so you'll be able to upload a file. That's half of the process... the other half that we can't do yet there is link an item with that document. I'm hopeful that we'll address this in a future release.

Rick

• dserodio
    dserodio
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

I tried doing that but I got a "Unable to upload document" error. I'm using Firefox 61.0b13 on Ubuntu 18.04.

PS.: Can a moderator please move this to the appropriate forum? Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @dserodio

Have you tried uploading other files? Does this happen regardless of the file being uploaded?

Please let us know.

Ben

• dserodio
    dserodio
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben, the problem was with this specific file. I reopened my browser and retried and it told me the file was too large (it's ~150MB). I tried with another file and uploaded it without errors.

• Ben
    Options

Excellent. Thanks for the update. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.