Weak Password for Pin code

I get a lot of warnings about Week Passwords. That is because I have used the password field type in order to store my pin codes. Pin codes are normally not very large often just 4 digits.
Are there anyway that I can tell 1Password that this "password" is okay to be weak? Or would it be possible to have a new field type that can contain a pin code that acts like a password so it has to be revealed like the Verification Number field type for Credit Cards.

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member

Hi @SoftAllan,

Thanks for writing in. This will be addressed in a future update, we'll add a rule not to include all digits up to 6 characters for weak passwords and reused passwords.

• @MikeT

This will be addressed in a future update,

How is this update coming along? I'd like to be able to clean up my WatchTower report.

In the meantime, what is the criteria for weakness? How long would a PIN need to be in order to remove it from the Weak Password category?

• GregGreg

Team Member

Hi @gordcook,

Weak Passwords are items with passwords that are easy to guess. At the moment, your PIN/password should be at least 11 characters long in order not to show up in Weak Password category.

As for the update: we bumped into some bigger hurdles along the way, so it is taking longer than expected. We will release beta when it is ready, but I do not have any timeframes for you at this point.

Let me know if you have any other questions, we are always here for you. Thank you!

++
    Greg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file