Deleted item in 1Password iOS App

Options
wizzurd
wizzurd
Community Member
edited June 2018 in iOS

Hello,

I was migrating my 1Password and LastPass passwords to a new 1Password-Subscribtion Account. I was using 1Password for my iOS device, but it wasn't a subscription-based account instead I bought it from the iOS store a while ago. So I created a new subscription-based account to use 1Password on my Laptop aswell.

Now to my problem:
While I was migrating my passwords I stored the masterpassword to my new subscription account in my 1Password app but accidently deleted it. Is there a way to restore it inside the app?

I still got access to the App as well as to iCloud.

1Password Version: 7.0.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.3.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• wizzurd
    wizzurd
    Community Member
    Options

I could also get my hands on a MacBook. Would it be possible to install 1Password on it in order to synchronize that installation with iCloud an recover the deleted password from there?

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wizzurd! You should be able to find the Master Password to your account in the special login item called "1Password Account", which is automatically in your account-synced Personal/Private vault.

If you're still unable to locate your Master Password after that, but still have access to the app with Touch ID, you can create a new account and move all your data to it, then email our support team to have one of us help you delete your old account.

Let me know how that helps. :)

• wizzurd
    wizzurd
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your answer.

I think my description was a bit confusing. Yesterday I created a new account on your website, which is a new subscription based account. Before that I used 1Password on my iPhone, which isn't subscription based but instead bought from the App Store a while ago. I always had access to this app on my phone through Touch ID and its Master Password. The problem was that I stored the Master Password to my new sub-based account inside the phone app (old account) while I was migrating data and deleted it accidentally. So I lost the Master Password to the new account because it was deleted on my phone app (old account).

Now I was able to recover the Master Password for my new subscription account by logging into my account that I used on my phone through a MacBook and synchronize it with the iCloud data my old account was synchronizing with. I found the Master Password in the "Thrash" of my Private Vault.

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear that worked out. Phew! Thanks for the update @wizzurd.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.