Launch, ⌘-F, type-ahead, re-rears its ugly head

MrC
MrC
Volunteer Moderator

This bug was squashed in a previous major release, but it has returned to this release. It drives me nuts.

When you launch 1Password, immediately hit ⌘-F, and start typing your search term, after a few characters, 1Password will slowly catch-up, select all the text you just type, causing your next typed letter(s) to overwrite everything you just typed. Grrrrrr.

1Password Version: 7.04
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: macOS 10.13.5
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• Hey @MrC! Thanks for reporting this. I'm having a tough time reproducing it though. Are you completely quitting, then launching 1Password? Or are you just opening the main window after it hasn't been open?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited June 2018

Here's a screen capture video @Jacob,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zg56hlgzad990g/auto-type.mp4?dl=0

You must close the main window, and then have it reopen and immediately hit ⌘-F and start typing. You can see I've typed abc and one or two characters are typed, then selected by 1Password as a result of the ⌘-F key selecting the text edit area, and then the final character(s) obliterate what I just typed. You might have to slow motion or frame step your way through to see what's happening.

I often get 4 or 5 characters entered by the time 1Password reacts, and then these are lost.

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MrC does this occur after you have entered your Master Password? Or if you bring it to the foreground unlocked?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@JadC

1Password is already unlocked, but the main window closed / app Quit.

I recall the same occurs after entering my MP.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@JadC,

Confirmed, it also happens after unlocking w/my master password.

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MrC and thanks again for reporting this! I've just reproduced it on my Mac here (whoop whoop!).

Could you tell me about the spec of the Mac you're seeing this on? If it's...getting on in years (as mine is starting to) that might be our first clue in solving this. Let me know, and then I'll get right to filing this for our devs to take a look at!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Latest iMac 5k retina, 32gb. 2nd fastest processor available. Speedy.

i can run multiple VMs, a full screen game, a browser with 40 tabs open, etc. and not experience speed or memory issues.

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

Ha, never mind that then @MrC! I'm creating an issue on this for our developers now. :)

ref: apple-1677

This discussion has been closed.