Place the link to download 1passwored v.4 on your page. Keep on service we paid for.

AngryUser
AngryUser
Community Member
edited June 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I was very shoked when I heard that you abadon 1password standalone version for getting more profit from subscriptions. When I was buying 1pass for all my devices I was reading many kind words from you, Devs, about how great this product is and how carfully you plan to support it. And then you just abadoned it. No updates, no any development. No even little soft upgrade for your first customers. Shame on you.

I leave it be on your conscience. But why [did] you removed download link for software I've purchased from your download page?
https://1password.com/downloads/ This link have only 1 download button for v.7

So I ask you - why I have to digg google and your forums to find hidden link to my version? https://app-updates.agilebits.com/download/OPW4
Why?

Very disapointed

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited June 2018

@AngryUser

While it’s OK to express your frustration, this is a family friendly forum. Please be
    civil and abide by the forum rules for posting.

The download link is posted in the 1Password 4 for Windows forum sticky post.

• AngryUser
    AngryUser
    Community Member

So no answer I deserve as a customer? Why I have to search my software download link down in forums and it is not placed right on "download page"?
    I didn't say anything when my purchase was abadoned. But now I feel like Devs giving me some "soup for poor" to eat it in kitchen with servants, while all main guests and dinner presented in main hall.

Place the link for my software version on main download page. I deserve it as your customer, who payed for product.

P.S. I will explain, If you don't understand, why hidding link deep in your forums may bring problems to your customers: yesterday I was refreshing my PC and reinstalling Win10 and all ither soft. When I was installing 1password - I proceed to your download page. There is NO ANY WORD about version. Just - "1 password for windows , download". So then I loosed about an hour just to understand what going on and why I can't activate my fair payed license! I messed up my password vault, converted it in some kind of .... Lost vault connection on my IPad and Android Cellphone.
    And all that happened to me only becouse YOU Devs decided to hide your old ,less profitable for the moment, software link from the download page with no tip on it (like - software download version 6/7 , for older versions go this link....or whatever).

Place the link on download page!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@AngryUser ,

I'm just a user like you. Agilebits will reply as quickly as they can. They have a huge backlog of threads they are replying to, and they reply to each one.

I'm also sure they will address your question, like they did in this gentle post by a user who also wanted to find the 1P4 for Windows download.

There are likely to be simpler motives and reasons why older software is not as prominent than what you seem to think.

Agilebits will reply - please be patient.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I was very shoked when I heard that you abadon 1password standalone version for getting more profit from subscriptions. When I was buying 1pass for all my devices I was reading many kind words from you, Devs, about how great this product is and how carfully you plan to support it. And then you just abadoned it. No updates, no any development. No even little soft upgrade for your first customers. Shame on you.

@AngryUser: Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry for the confusion, and the delay getting back to you. In fact, we haven't abandoned the standalone version; we've just released a brand new one -- literally. So development and support for standalone users is alive and well. You can find more details on the new version here:

1Password 7 for Windows: The Best Ever

I leave it be on your conscience. But why [did] you removed download link for software I've purchased from your download page?

https://1password.com/downloads/ This link have only 1 download button for v.7

Version 7 is the current release, so that's what our current website reflects. You can always download the version you purchased from the link in your license email, or directly from our update site, as MrC mentioned: http://app-updates.agilebits.com/

So I ask you - why I have to digg google and your forums to find hidden link to my version? https://app-updates.agilebits.com/download/OPW4 Why? Very disapointed

You didn't have to. You could get it from the email you received with your license information, as always. Or just ask.

So no answer I deserve as a customer?

Everyone gets an answer. But I do think it's fair that we reply to others who contacted us first before you. I'm sorry that means you had to wait longer than you'd like though. :(

Why I have to search my software download link down in forums and it is not placed right on "download page"? I didn't say anything when my purchase was abadoned. But now I feel like Devs giving me some "soup for poor" to eat it in kitchen with servants, while all main guests and dinner presented in main hall.

Nothing has been "abandoned"; you can continue to use all of the features of the software you paid for.

Place the link for my software version on main download page. I deserve it as your customer, who payed for product.

When 1Password version 1 was the current version, that was shown on our main download page; and when we released version 4, that replaced it. Similarly, we've updated our website once again to reflect the current version, now that 1Password 7 has been released. I think that makes sense, and there's nothing stopping you from continuing to use the version you purchased.

P.S. I will explain, If you don't understand, why hidding link deep in your forums may bring problems to your customers:

It's not "hidden" or "buried". When you go to the forum, it's one click to go to the 1Password for Windows version 4 category, and the announcement is right at the top.

yesterday I was refreshing my PC and reinstalling Win10 and all ither soft. When I was installing 1password - I proceed to your download page. There is NO ANY WORD about version. Just - "1 password for windows , download". So then I loosed about an hour just to understand what going on and why I can't activate my fair payed license!

You'd need your license key from the email anyway, so installing the app from there too makes sense.

I messed up my password vault, converted it in some kind of .... Lost vault connection on my IPad and Android Cellphone.

1Password 4 can also use OPVault. Or, if you converted to that but decide you didn't want to, your original vault is still where you left it. You'd just need to revert to its original name and you'd be right back where you started.

And all that happened to me only becouse YOU Devs decided to hide your old ,less profitable for the moment, software link from the download page with no tip on it (like - software download version 6/7 , for older versions go this link....or whatever). Place the link on download page!

No. We're not going to promote outdated versions of our products. That would be like keeping cereal on the supermarket shelf past the "best by" date. Will it kill you if you eat it? Of course not. But it's common sense to promote your current product, not the old one. I'm sorry that you took personal offense to that. It really isn't personal. But it hasn't even been possible to purchase 1Password 4 for years now, so it doesn't seem reasonable for us to put it front and center on our promotional website, especially when those who can actually use it -- because they paid for it already -- have the ability to download it directly at any time.

This discussion has been closed.