Copy Keyboard Shortcut for Database entries use "Second Field" instead of Password field

elizabeth_p
elizabeth_p
Community Member

Just upgraded to 1Password 7 where my most common retrieved passwords are credentials to databases via 1Password Mini. Using keyboard shortcuts does not copy the password, but the 'Second Field' which is not useful.

I previously copied passwords by only using the return key, so I'm happy to use a new keyboard shortcut, but don't want to use my mouse!

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: cloud

Comments

• Hi @elizabeth_p

Thanks for taking the time to write in with feedback. It sounds as though you may be talking about the Mac product, but you posted in the iOS category? If that is the case please let me know and I’ll be happy to get this moved over to the correct spot for you. :)

Ben

• betaTesters
    betaTesters
    Community Member

I’ve searched the forums for iOS keyboard shortcuts and this mention of iOS is all I can find (all be it by mistake) is there any plans to add functionality for keyboard shortcuts to iPhone and iPads using internal software keyboards or adding a 3rd party keyboard? It’s annoying when using an app it’s not always possible to open 1password and if the app allows one to leave and comeback the app won’t accept the password.

• Hi @betaTesters

Activating 1Password in a 3rd party app via a keyboard shortcut wouldn’t currently be possible on iOS, but we can be a data provider for the iOS 12 Password AutoFill feature which you may find to be more convenient than your current workflow:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

I hope that helps!

Ben

• betaTesters
    betaTesters
    Community Member

Hi I have iOS 12 on my iPad, and whilst it’s better than be4 for sure, most would agree keyboard shortcuts are the only way to go to ensure 1 password could be utilised in every possible sinario. See the majority of people don’t have ios 12: and the ones that do are commenting on here about using Bluetooth keyboards, the deman is clear. Forgive me, but if simple app developers can add coloured eyboardsmto be downloaded then surely your wiz techs can add a little 1 password logo? Just some feedback wanted by most users that’s all 😷

• Hi I have iOS 12 on my iPad, and whilst it’s better than be4 for sure, most would agree keyboard shortcuts are the only way to go to ensure 1 password could be utilised in every possible sinario.

iOS doesn’t have any way for apps to have global keyboard shortcuts. There isn’t a way for us to do what you’re asking.

See the majority of people don’t have ios 12:

That actually isn’t true:

iOS 12 already at 50% adoption... and that's before the Emoji update | iMore

As of early October iOS 12 was already being run by more than 50% of iOS users, and I’m sure that number has only increased since then. Additionally, as a security conscious company, our strong recommendation is to always stay up to date with your OS, your password manager, and your web browser(s) (as well as all other software, but those especially).

and the ones that do are commenting on here about using Bluetooth keyboards, the deman is clear.

Me too. :) My primary computer is an iPad Pro with a Bluetooth computer. I understand the desire.

Forgive me, but if simple app developers can add coloured eyboardsmto be downloaded then surely your wiz techs can add a little 1 password logo? Just some feedback wanted by most users that’s all 😷

That’s just not how it works, unfortunately. We can only do things that we have the tools to do. In this case no such tool exists. We’d need Apple to create such a tool. If such a tool were to become available I’m sure we’d take a serious look at implementing it. For right now, as it stands, it isn’t possible for us to do so.

Ben

• betaTesters
    betaTesters
    Community Member
    edited November 2018

You seem like a person that loves to correct!

I was simply making what I thought and the tech guy who’s been emailing md thought was a good suggestion,

I can’t help but correct your attempt at a correction as you see at my school 50% was not a majority so, it is true., sorry to correct you.

Re the keyboard I can’t see you are understanding the suggestion. What I am suggesting simply is true as stock and third party keyboards that can have user added shortcuts on it as in the way the user wishes have been around since forever! I had loads on mine. So if they had the tools to make the code to do that 10 years ago, perhaps it’s time you upgraded your tools seeing as they hold you back?

I am no coder, but even I have made my own bookmarklets in the early days to launch apps from safari. This what be exactly the same just in a keyboards. I nave since my first message realised how much of a benefit this would be, as whilst in and out of apps, app stores, settings all asking for passwords, there is no option to open 1 password in these settings, you ignore this! so I find myself opening 1ipassword in the background and copy pasting.

I’m sure you’ll attempt to tell me that that what I just said also isn’t true, and the forums arent abuzz with the idea!

I simply made a suggestion and your manor in response is astounding.

• Thanks for the feedback, @betaTesters. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.