Problem creating vaults in 1Password Families

lawrenceupton
lawrenceupton
Community Member

I have just started a trial of 1Password Families (migrating from a standalone 1Password 6 licence). I'm having some troubles creating vaults.

On my Mac whenever I try to create a vault in my Family account, I get a "Request timed out" message or "The operation could not be completed. Software caused a connection abort." My internet connection is fine.

On my iPhone, I can create a vault and it also appears when I log on to 1Password.com but it does not appear on the Mac.

I have not yet invited any family members as I wanted to the get the vaults sorted first.

Lawrence

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• dst87
    dst87
    Community Member

To rule out any weird stuff with your Mac's login to 1Password, I'd consider logging out of your family account and logging back in - always worth a shot!

Does your Mac connect with the same WiFi connection as your iPhone? Any VPNs or other differences between your Mac's connection and your iPhone's?

• lawrenceupton
    lawrenceupton
    Community Member

Thanks for your suggestions. They were spot on as there is a difference in connection method between my iPhone and Mac.
    I am running TripMode on my Mac which controls whether apps can access the internet. (I have a limited monthly data allowance.) Although 1Password 6 had been allowed access to the internet, I had not given 1Password 7 access. As soon as I changed the settings, I could create a vault on my Mac and the vault I created on my iPhone appeared on the Mac.

The problem is resolved. Looking forward to the rest of my trial.

• dst87
    dst87
    Community Member

Awesome to hear! Glad to help!

• I'm glad that dst87's hints ended up pointing to the reason for this.

As a note, I would recommend against removing and re-adding an account as a troubleshooting method.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.