To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Help getting back to dropbox and rid of account

matthew_clark
matthew_clark
Community Member

Hi, despite feeling like I'm getting conned into using your new subscription model I still like your software and have used it for years. I "accidentily" signed up for a one password account not realizing it would move all my data out of my vaults on drop box into my trial account and now I'm trying to get back.

I wnet to 1password preferences / advanced and checked allow creation of vaults outside 1Pasword Accounts. It then created a new primary vault in dropbox but I cant import my old version 6 vault into it. When I go to file / import it only gives me the option to import into my account that I don't want.

Can you please walk me through getting back to dropbox and rid of my account.

Also, there is only pricing for sunscriptions on your website so is this question moot becasue you are indeed moving only to sunscription pricing?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

AgileBits are definitely NOT moving to subscription only.

But they are so convinced that subscription is best for most people (especially new users) that they want to be sure that only people who really want a licence can get it. There's a small print item at the bottom of the first Welcome page that lets you buy a licence and then offers you the price.

That seems a bit odd at first sight, but apparently when both sub and licence were clearly visible on the web page there were loads of people buying one and actually wanting the other.

• Hi @matthew_clark

Where is your data currently? If it is in Dropbox and you want to do away with your membership you can find instructions here:

How to delete your 1Password account

If your data is in your membership please see these instructions:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.