Date Format

Options
Jaali
Jaali
Community Member

I notice that there has been requests for regional date formats going back since 2015, but its yet to be put in place. Are there any plans to have this implemented? I understand you're a North American company, but the rest of the world uses DD MM YY not MM DD YY and I'd imagine you have a fairly large international customer base?!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jaali,

Dates in 1Password for Mac are in the format of DD/MM/YYYY for me as 1Password for Mac uses the operating system specified date format. Without details as to where you're seeing the incorrect formatting; location in 1Password, version, platform etc. it will be difficult to write up a bug report or ensure the right people see the filed issue.

• Jaali
    Jaali
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I'm running the latest version of 1password on macOS (1password 7 I believe). The date format I have noticed is when entering credit card details. It asks for it as YYYYMM. All credit cards I see have an expiry of MMYY.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @Jaali,

I would check your macOS locale settings, when I create a new Credit Card item in 1Password 7 for Mac it displays as mm/yyyy. You can find the locale settings in System Preferences > Language & Region.

• Jaali
    Jaali
    Community Member
    Options

I'm set to Australia on macOS, which should make it MM/YYYY, however it is still displaying YYYY/MM. See attached screen shots.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jaali,

Well at the moment I can't explain. Your screenshot of Language & Region clearly shows none of the formatting is modified at all, it's all whatever defaults macOS uses and yet when I reset my own Language & Region I cannot reproduce. One thing is for certain though, you're not running 1Password 7 as that's the older layout. I even tried seeing if there was any difference between 1Password 7 and 6.8.9 but both behave the same for me. Can you check and let me know what version of 1Password you do have please, you can find it in the 1Password > About 1Password menu. Maybe there's a bug in an older version that explains this.

• Jaali
    Jaali
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables

I confirmed I am using 1password 7.

The screen shot above is if you add a credit card using the Chrome extension. It sends you to a web page to add it in, this is where the format is incorrect. I noticed that if I add it in the actual 1password application, the format is correct - MM/YYYY.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Jaali,

It sounds like maybe you're using the 1Password X extension, a standalone extension designed for 1Password account users to support the likes of ChromeOS and Linux where we don't have a native application. Would this explain what you're seeing?

• NomadUK
    NomadUK
    Community Member
    Options

I have exactly this problem, and I'm using the 1Password app right now. When I'm in editing mode for a new serial number, the date is presented in US format (MM/DD/YY). When I save the changes, it reverts to the Medium format specified in Language & Region prefs (d mmm yyyy). Screen shots follow:-

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the feedback. We'll see if we can make it more flexible in future versions. :)

This discussion has been closed.