Recovering data on restored Motorola Moto G4 Plus

Options
PocaSunga
PocaSunga
Community Member

Hello there! This is my last breath to recover my wife's data. She upgraded her phone and didn't backup prior.

The old device was restored to factory settings.

I heard you guys keep data on your cloud. I tried to log in to her account on the old phone but it says her email is already in use. I tried to run a data recovery app to find the .agilekeychain file. Nothing worked.

I have her Google Account, her SIM Card and everything on the new phone. Is there a way, ANY way to recover those passwords???

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 7.0
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@PocaSunga: Thanks for reaching out. If there's some confusion, I apologize, especially in such a delicate situation. The only way we have any data on our server is if someone has signed up for a 1Password.com membership and stored it there. And 1Password.com only receives and stores encrypted data; it's encrypted locally on the user's device with their Master Password and Secret Key, and neither of those are ever sent to us. So she would need to have a 1Password.com membership, stored her data there, and have all of her account credentials in order to access and decrypt it. If she says that's what she was using, let me know and I can go into more specifics of what she'll need to do.

Otherwise, if she was using a local vault and syncing with Dropbox, she should have a copy of her 1Password vault there. But if she was not syncing at all and did not backup her data elsewhere, it will have gone with everything else on that device. If you have something to work with, or any other questions, please let me know and we'll go from there.

This discussion has been closed.