1Password Mini - Default Action

Options
dseehof
dseehof
Community Member

Is there any chance to change the default behaviour of 1Password Mini to not "Open & Fill", but "Copy" instead. Would be ideal as it saves 2 clicks and could be a setting to have either or.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14 Beta
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dseehof Copy what? Password from a Login item? If so you can do that with Command + Shift + C right in Mini, saving you those two clicks. :)

• dseehof
    dseehof
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the comment, but that is not what I’m asking. I know that I can copy using the keyboard; with a three finger shortcut that is. But since I alread clicked the menubar icon with the mouse it would be a lot easier just doing one more click right then and there. Possible?

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018
    Options

Hi @dseehof, your feedback has been noted.

For now, instead of using a keyboard shortcut or 2 mouse clicks, you can also use the keyboard arrows keys. For example, if you search for an entry, you can navigate the search options with the ⬆/⬇ arrow keys. Then, you can select a particular entry with the ➡ key. Once you are there, you can use the ⬆/⬇ arrow keys to copy a password, or whatever field you would like. I personally find this quicker than two mouse clicks, especially once you get used to it.

ref: apple-1649

• dseehof
    dseehof
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @JadC - that's indeed quite helpful. Nonetheless would be grateful if this can be looked at as maybe a preference setting.

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi again @dseehof,

I have passed your feedback onto the dev team! Thanks for letting us know :smile:.

• alock
    alock
    Community Member
    Options

I would very much like this feature as well, specifically on the URL (website) field. I use multiple browsers for various sessions and haven't found a way to copy the URL of a website store in 1pw without the mouse. If I could just change the default "open and fill" to copy it would save me a ton of time. I rarely use the open and fill feature.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@alock - thanks for weighing in and letting us know you'd like to see this as well. :)

• karlnyhus
    karlnyhus
    Community Member
    Options

I also would love to be able to change the default action to "Copy" on the Website field (instead of "Open and Fill"). Would save some mousing around. Or maybe add a "Copy Website" command to the Edit menu, which already has a Copy Username and a Copy Password command. Thank you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for sharing your feedback about this @karlnyhus! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.