Cannot complete Safari Plug-In install on iPad Pro iOS 11

Options
pughimag6829
pughimag6829
Community Member

I am following the instructions for adding the Safari plug-in on my iPad Pro.
1. I click the sharing icon in the Safari browser.
2. I select 1Password
3. I am presented with a dialogue that asks me for my master password
4. I enter the pw and the response is wrong password
5. I try again, being very careful, same response
6. I log into my vault with the same master password - no problem, I get logged in.

I did change my login master password previously so just in case I tried the old one in step 4 above - same error.
1Password 7, iOS 11

1Password Version: 7.0.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Cannot complete Safari plugin install on iOS 11 iPad Pro

Comments

• pughimag6829
    pughimag6829
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Never mind, it's asking for a different master password. The one I use for 1Password on my iPad. The dialogue does not allow much time to enter anything after getting past the password entry.

Does this sound correct? Should I change my password on my iPad to match the 1Password vault?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @pughimag6829

It sounds as though you may have a Primary vault left over from a time before migrating to 1Password membership. If you open 1Password > Settings > Vaults do you see a Primary vault listed there?

Ben

• pughimag6829
    pughimag6829
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

I do have a primary vault on my iPad, yes. I was having problems migrating my logins from my 3rd gen iPad and the only way I could get it done was to backup my 3rd gen 1PW to iTunes and restore it to my new iPad Pro. [#WTB-42334-295] and upgrade 1PW from 6.5.1 to 7.0.6.

I then moved my logins from my iPad Pro to my vault on my family 1PW on your servers. I guess that means I should delete my 1PW on my iPad Pro.

For some reason the restore process generated about 25 entries that were Recovered Edits so I want check those out before moving them to my vault. Perhaps all I need to do is change the master pw on my iPad? What do you advise?

• Ben
    Options

Typically we’d advise removing the Primary vault after the migration is complete to avoid situations like this. With no Primary vault 1Password will unlock using the Master Password of your membership account. Changing the Master Password of the Primary vault may be fine as a temporary solution if you’re still working through some migration holdups but I’d recommend ultimately removing the Primary vault.

Ben

• pughimag6829
    pughimag6829
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben, When I check my 1PW app on my iPad Pro, select settings and "Vaults" I see a Primary, a Demo, and two vaults in my family vault - Private and Extended family vaults. Is this OK? I am also looking into getting the logins copied from my private vault to my primary vault on my iPad. I think I should probably delete my primary vault. Do you agree?

• pughimag6829
    pughimag6829
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Looks like I missed your second post. I think I'll check out the extra logins and resolve those and then delete the primary vault. I assume that I do not need to delete the 1PW app on the iPad and I should have access to the private vault from there.

I assume there is a way that I can get the logins onto my iPad also or does that happen automatically? Thanks Ben.

• Ben
    Options

@pughimag6829

Once all of the data you want to keep is in a 1Password.com vault deleting 1Password from the iPad and reinstalling, then logging in to your membership account would be the cleanest solution.

Ben

• pughimag6829
    pughimag6829
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Much easier! Working well now thanks. Using touch also. Many thanks. Now for the plug-in!

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2018
    Options

@pughimag6829

You’re very welcome. :) The instructions that you posted in your first message should cover that.

Ben

ref: EAJ-21285-324

This discussion has been closed.