Family Member - Private Vault Syncing Issues (ios to Mac)

Options
david1passwordforum
david1passwordforum
Community Member

Hello. I have a family account and have been trying to set 1password up on my wife's new Macbook. After some initial issues where I needed to reset her account (the masterpassword was not being accepted), there is now an issue with syncing her private vault.

The one on her phone (her original, first install of 1password) is not showing up on the Macbook. The shared vault and all of the passwords I put there come up.

Since this is a family account, I thought it would sync automatically. There is no option in the Macbook version to set up syncing.

How do I fix?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:syncing private vault

Comments

• dst87
    dst87
    Community Member
    Options

Was she using a standalone version of 1Password on her iPhone before you got a subscription?

If so, it sounds like those passwords are still in the local vault and will remain there until you move them over to the 'membership' vault (which should also be there if you've signed into the account on the iPhone). You'll probably see her old vault alongside the two new 1Password Account vaults (shared and personal).

This guide on the 1Password Support site might help you.

• Hi @david1passwordforum,

Something like this typically happens if the iPhone and the Mac are not configured with the same account. For example if the iPhone was setup with an individual 1Password account and the Mac with the 1Password Families account or vice versa. It's a little difficult for us to tell what happened based on your description and getting the information required for that would require that we ask you questions that you shouldn't be answering on a public forum. So if you're still having issues with this, you should email support@1password.com and we can help you through it there.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.