What is the best way to go about all of this?

Options
Dhtjgmryh95
Dhtjgmryh95
Community Member

I have been a single user for years and love it. Here is my setup. I have a home office with an iMac (no other users) and I have a shared iMac in our family office (with 3 users, my wife and I share a login and my two daughters have separate logins). I use Chrome across all platforms and my wife uses Firefox from the shared computer.

I am looking for the best way to have separate but some shared secure notes and logins. I want her to be able to open Firefox and have the extension allow her to use 1Password when she is browsing but for me to be able to come in and open Chrome and use my separate vault. What is the best way to go about all of this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Dhtjgmryh95,

Our general recommendation would be that each user should have their own user account on the Mac. In doing so, you could have 1Password be signed in to your respective user accounts on each user account and everything would "just work".

If each of you uses a separate browser and you're using Chrome, then you would have another option. You could install 1Password for Mac on the Mac and sign in as user user account there, then add the 1Password browser extension in Firefox so that Firefox works for her as it should. Then in Chrome you could install 1Password X which is a brand new extension that doesn't require 1Password for Mac at all. You would sign in there as your own user account. In doing so you'd have Chrome setup for you, and Firefox would be setup for her.

I hope this helps.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.