Constant Crashing ["ghost" account needs to be removed from the app]

KevinUre
KevinUre
Community Member
edited June 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

For about two weeks now my 1Password has been completely broken. Everytime i use it it crashes without fail, sometimes as fast as 10 seconds after boot sometimes as slow as 5 minutes. I thought it might be the chome extension so i tried updating chrome and reinstalling the extension, and when that failed i tried going without the extension all together as well. I've also tried reinstalling the 1Password application itself. So this morning i decided to use Visual Studio to read the top of the just in time call stack and this is what i got (both times i checked): "1Password.exe!AgileBits.OnePassword.App.StartErrorLogging.AnonymousMethod__11_1(object sender, System.Threading.Tasks.UnobservedTaskExceptionEventArgs e) Line 52 C#"

Seeing as I've used the password generator heavily by now I'm hurting quite a bit for a fix here, any thoughts or advice?

1Password Version: Latest
Extension Version: Latest
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @KevinUre there are few possible reasons, we need to see whole stack to figure it out, that line 52 is a general trap for all exceptions. You can find full stack in Event Viewer as well, .NET records app crashes into Application log (look for .NET Runtime event source).
    Just for sanity check - are you using 1Password 7.1.567?

• KevinUre
    KevinUre
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

Yeah 7.1.567,
    I checked multiple errors and they all seem to be the same, so i grabbed one. i tried to attach it but the forum doesn't like txt files so here's the messy copypasta:

Application: 1Password.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteException
    at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteException.ThrowExceptionForRC(Int32, SQLitePCL.sqlite3)
    at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteCommand.ExecuteReader(System.Data.CommandBehavior)
    at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(System.Data.CommandBehavior)
    at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader()
    at Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Storage.Internal.RelationalCommand.Execute(Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Storage.IRelationalConnection, Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Diagnostics.DbCommandMethod, System.Collections.Generic.IReadOnlyDictionary2<System.String,System.Object>) at Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Storage.Internal.RelationalCommand.ExecuteReader(Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Storage.IRelationalConnection, System.Collections.Generic.IReadOnlyDictionary2<System.String,System.Object>)
    at Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Update.ReaderModificationCommandBatch.Execute(Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Storage.IRelationalConnection)

Exception Info: Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.DbUpdateException
    at Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Update.ReaderModificationCommandBatch.Execute(Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Storage.IRelationalConnection)
    at Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Update.Internal.BatchExecutor.Execute(System.Tuple2<System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable1<Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Update.ModificationCommandBatch>,Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Storage.IRelationalConnection>)
    at Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.ExecutionStrategyExtensions+<>c__DisplayClass12_02[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[System.Int32, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].<Execute>b__0(Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.DbContext, System.__Canon) at Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Storage.Internal.NoopExecutionStrategy.Execute[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[System.Int32, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.__Canon, System.Func3<Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.DbContext,System.__Canon,Int32>, System.Func3<Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.DbContext,System.__Canon,Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Storage.ExecutionResult1>)
    at Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.ExecutionStrategyExtensions.Execute[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[System.Int32, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Storage.IExecutionStrategy, System.Func2<System.__Canon,Int32>, System.Func2<System.__Canon,Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Storage.ExecutionResult1<Int32>>, System.__Canon) at Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Update.Internal.BatchExecutor.Execute(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable1<Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Update.ModificationCommandBatch>, Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Storage.IRelationalConnection)
    at Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Storage.RelationalDatabase.SaveChanges(System.Collections.Generic.IReadOnlyList1<Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Update.IUpdateEntry>) at Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.ChangeTracking.Internal.StateManager.SaveChanges(System.Collections.Generic.IReadOnlyList1<Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.ChangeTracking.Internal.InternalEntityEntry>)
    at Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.ChangeTracking.Internal.StateManager.SaveChanges(Boolean)
    at Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.DbContext.SaveChanges(Boolean)
    at Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.DbContext.SaveChanges()
    at AgileBits.OnePassword.WorkspaceDatabase.SaveChangesWithCount(AgileBits.OnePassword.Db)
    at AgileBits.OnePassword.WorkspaceDatabase.SaveChanges(AgileBits.OnePassword.Db)
    at AgileBits.OnePassword.WorkspaceDatabase.UpdateAccount(Int64, Int64, System.String, System.String, System.String, System.String, Boolean, Boolean)
    at AgileBits.OnePassword.WorkspaceAccount+d__124.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1[[System.Boolean, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].GetResult()
    at AgileBits.OnePassword.WorkspaceAccount+d__121.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult()
    at AgileBits.OnePassword.WorkspaceData+d__238.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult()
    at AgileBits.OnePassword.AppLock+<>c__DisplayClass40_0+<b__0>d.MoveNext()

Exception Info: System.AggregateException
    at AgileBits.OnePassword.App.b__11_1(System.Object, System.Threading.Tasks.UnobservedTaskExceptionEventArgs)
    at System.EventHandler`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Invoke(System.Object, System.__Canon)
    at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskScheduler.PublishUnobservedTaskException(System.Object, System.Threading.Tasks.UnobservedTaskExceptionEventArgs)
    at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskExceptionHolder.Finalize()

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @KevinUre,

If you are running Windows 8.1, please try to install the latest .NET Framework from here, reboot your PC, and check if the issue remains after that. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• @KevinUre sorry for the delay, here is what you need to do:

1. turn on airplane mode or otherwise disable network
    2. start and unlock 1Password
    3. in Accounts menu there will be 2 lines, one with your account name and one without name
    4. sign out from unnamed account
    5. turn off airplane mode
  • KevinUre
    KevinUre
    Community Member

@SergeyTheAgile that did it, thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad that Sergey was able to help you get rid of that "ghost account"! It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you need anything. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.