No autosubmit first time after opening 1Password

hawkmoth
hawkmoth
Community Member
edited June 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

I believe I have seen this reported elsewhere, but I've not been able to find it. When I open a login screen before I have opened 1Password the first time and press ⌘\, it comes up with suggestion for the record I need, which then works properly, but only after I click on it from the suggested list. But if I go to the same page a second time (after logging out) and press ⌘\, the record fills and submits automatically, just as it should according to my preference setting.

The browser is Firefox 60.0.2, if that is relevant.

1Password Version: 7.04
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: macOS 10.13.5
Sync Type: Membership Account

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hawkmoth,

I'm still topping myself with the required levels of coffee to function normally so sorry for the question. I know we have an issue filed where if you have to unlock 1Password doesn't automatically fill when there is a single best match but you specifically talk about autosubmit. Is it the submit after filling you're finding is wonky after first unlock or is it that issue where 1Password should be automatically selecting the single best match but instead is manually forcing you to?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

@littlebobbytables,

I know we have an issue filed where if you have to unlock 1Password doesn't automatically fill when there is a single best match

That's the one, most of the time. The single best match is highlighted, but nothing happens until I click on the record or press return. But to be complete, the single best match is being selected (highlighted), but the credentials are not submitted and then auto-filled until I click that record or press return. So in my case, it isn't that the record isn't being found, it's that the credentials don't fill, despite that.

But maybe

is it that issue where 1Password should be automatically selecting the single best match but instead is manually forcing you to?

The first case I described is most often the behavior - But a couple of times, mini has shown up with the proper record highlighted in the left panel, but in the right panel I've sometimes been shown only my Favorites, none of which are related to the web page I'm trying to login to. I do have to manually get the right record into the right panel before I can submit the credentials.

So maybe both?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

Me again with something related that I can actually reproduce.

With 1Password closed in the dock and in need of a master password before it can open, navigate to a web login page. Press ⌘. 1Password mini opens to the master password entry screen. After entering the master password, mini reveals itself with Suggested Items at the top of the left panel, highlighted in gray. It has one entry, the unique one for the site in question. At the top of the right panel is a line with the correct login item highlighted in blue. (Several other records for Identities are below this single correct one - it isn't obvious to me how those were chosen to be displayed.) Clicking the highlighted entry or pressing return causes credentials to fill and auto-submit.

BUT, if, instead of logging in like that, I dismiss mini and leave the login screen still awaiting filling, something else happens: When I press ⌘\, mini comes up, but with no Suggested Items in the left panel and only a list of Favorites in the right panel, with the first favorite highlighted in blue. The highlighted Favorite is unrelated to the open login page. I suspect this latter behavior is what I was seeing when I reported that sometimes and intermittently I only see a list of favorites and then must navigate manually to the proper record.

Screen shots have been made and are available on request.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

@hawkmoth: Yep! I'm sorry for the inconvenience there. I believe we have a fix for this limitation that should be available shortly. Thank you for bringing this up! :)

ref: apple-672

This discussion has been closed.