Touchid missing

spikeone
spikeone
Community Member

I had an account glitch (2yo+locked keyboard??) and my touchid and system password had to get reset from an admin account. I can use touch id to unlock the computer, but the browser apps would not show the touchid option and now the full desktop app is not allowing touchid to be used to unlock. The setting is selected, I've added new fingers to the system. Everything is updated, macbook pro 2017.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: os x 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• What happens when you click on the TouchID button on the 1Password lock screen? Or is there no button at all?

• spikeone
    spikeone
    Community Member

There's no button anymore.

• spikeone
    spikeone
    Community Member

Just removed and reinstalled 1password7, no change.

• @spikeone We believe we've identified (and potentially fixed) a problem with Touch ID. Could you install the 7.0.5 beta and let us know if it's any better for you there: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/download/OPM7/Y

• spikeone
    spikeone
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

This does add the touchid back to the lock screen yes! But the browser versions no longer activate the plugins properly. I reinstalled them, but they just cause the browser to flash once and no window pops up like it should. Main app works fine @MrRooni

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@spikeone - can you please try removing your 1Password browser extensions, restarting your Mac, then re-installing them from https://1pw.ca/browsers ? Let us know if that helps.

• spikeone
    spikeone
    Community Member

I upgraded to Mojave and now the touchid is gone again. Uninstalled, reinstalled browser extensions, removed and added finger prints. Ideas?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@spikeone - can you please toggle off, and then back on again, Touch ID in System Preferences, and then in 1Password 7 for Mac itself? Thanks. Let us know how/if that works for you.

• spikeone
    spikeone
    Community Member

Tried this twice yes, no luck.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It would be really helpful to know the specifics of how you ended up in this state. Otherwise we’re just going to be guessing.

This discussion has been closed.